Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

it's just such a business person thing to look at the market and go "there's not much premium short content, this is an opportunity" without even thinking for a second there might be a reason why

thats why you still work for a living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

i had a copy of shaolin soccer that had them i think

i had 3 different dvd versions of shaolin soccer for some reason, and each one had a different runtime

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

qirex posted:

god of cookery is still my favorite, it's basically the same movie but about celebrity chefs, chow even recycled a lot of the jokes for shaolin soccer

almost all the movies he directed recycle jokes & use the same actors and basic plot structure. theyre all good. and before he was a director he was an incredibly prolific actor, like in 15-20 films a year in the early 90s

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

What is it with these CEOs that fail every venture, even taking over big companies and leaving them as small companies, and still getting their next gig as though nothing ever happened?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

~Coxy posted:

What is it with these CEOs that fail every venture, even taking over big companies and leaving them as small companies, and still getting their next gig as though nothing ever happened?

the world of the wealthy isn’t the same as the world of the working class.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

1) she probably enriched a lot of her friends along the way

2) quibi appears to have been an experiment in scabbing/union-busting hollywood, as well as DRM-locking a streaming service to one device so you can't share with your family

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

some good lols in these articles. reminds me of classic yospos

kirk are you still in edmonton

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

~Coxy posted:

i have failed upward my entire life because i'm a tall white person. it fukcing rules

quote:

kirk are you still in edmonton

yeah i never stopped being a moron

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kirk posted:

i never stopped being a moron

heall yeah

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
edmonton is the pittsburg of canada

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

my concern with quibi is that tmo bundles it with their current set of “Magenta” plans, and as the plan is $10 more a month, along with Netflix, there is some financial payment diverted into their pockets.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kirk posted:

i have failed upward my entire life because i'm a tall white person. it fukcing rules

hell yeah hi five bro

quote:

yeah i never stopped being a moron

hell yeah hi five bro

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Could you really only watch Quibi from your phone (Casting to a TV)? There was no way to like, install an app onto a PS4 or something?

Also I could KIND OF see the idea of "10-20 minute episode TV shows" working for kid's programming. Cartoons tend to be two segments around that length, so I could see that working in theory. But then they seemed to try to get programming similar to Netflix and poo poo and went for shows that don't benefit from that setup like at all.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

CodfishCartographer posted:

Could you really only watch Quibi from your phone (Casting to a TV)? There was no way to like, install an app onto a PS4 or something?
they released apps for several streaming devices. I believe at first it blocked casting too

literally the day before the entire service stopped existing :getin:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1319357641018253315?s=19

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

here listen to this song while I gently caress off on my giant pile of money [ps I get royalties on every stream]

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
pps i was already insanely rich lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

im utterly shocked that a streaming service lead by a man who has his emails printed out and folded in half for reading failed at building a streaming service