Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
renovating bathrooms is loving expensive
should have done an ensuite first
bathroom rennos in Winter? What a loving tool
Cat5
gently caress off moo cow
View Results

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

this poo poo is serious cos I gotta do it like tomorrow if the answer is yes tomorrow in real world time as in on Thursday 28 May 2020.

thanks chums I know that when it comes to the serious poo poo, my pals at yospos are there for me with top notch advice [don't let me down]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I hope that the virus doesn't take my job before the builders cash my cheque

pram
Jun 10, 2001
son we're on cat8 now. your bathroom is living in the past

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao

a jack? try plural

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

so you recommend double jacking?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you don't need the network available while doing a core dump

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

sure do it op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m going to wall mount my shitter

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
never, ever put in a single network jack. two minimum, always. and if you think you'll need two then you put at least three in.

don't you loving show me a single-jack plate. i don't care how many other plates are in the goddamn room you do not put a loving single-jack plate in a room i am expected to computer janitor for. it's lazy, it looks like dogshit, it's just asking for trouble down the line when a jack fails or when things change and we need another connection. you're already pulling one cable, it's not that much more effort to pull two. cable's cheap. how is this not loving basic sense. why are you not already trying to sell me on putting more cables in. the gently caress is wrong with you.

and if those jacks are not clearly labeled in a manner that is consistent with and easily identifiable in the distribution frame then by god i will poo poo talk your work to no end at my place of work. technology, facilities, the site manager, the front desk, they will ALL know you're a god drat shitbird that flew by and took a big oozy poo poo all over our beautiful network with your cursed shitwires. i will roll my eyes at the sight of your work, your name will be an inside joke ("remember that dumbass oscar? christ, what a mess.") and i will pointedly insist on anyone else we can find. gently caress you.

sorry moo cow it's your home and you do it up how you like. you just powerfully reminded me of how frustrating it can be dealing with low-voltage electricians sometimes.

(seriously though, if you think you need one, drop two.)

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
have you considered plugging it up your rear end op

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the bathroom is a great place for jacking

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
wouldn't want to deal with the backflow tbh

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I want a toilet that has a USB charging port

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imagine losing power half way through a poo poo post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

post the suicide dryer again and then we'll talk

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

still going mother feckeeeeeee

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/_BtHxTZrqpk

except it’s spelt like the brand of your dryer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bonus “I don’t even own a dryer”

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

low power bills in your house my man :smugmrgw::respek::smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the underfloor in my bathroom would like to argue otherwise

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

we decided to forgo the underfloor heating. I’m a little worried that we will regret it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my bathrooms already a jack point iykwim, op

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

we decided to forgo the underfloor heating. I’m a little worried that we will regret it

fail

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I mean, I’ve survived many decades without it

I don’t tend to spend so much time in the shitter that warrants extra heating

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

still going mother feckeeeeeee

in it voted 5

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

why do you need an ethernet port in your bathroom to be able to jack off in there that's a weird kink

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my dad instilled that into me which is why I pack a bag to stay at my gfs for a single night I take of my possessions

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Captain Foo posted:

in it voted 5

thank you for the vote but please help and answer my question it is very important

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Use the ethernet port to run stereo audio into your bathroom and then when you're pooping you plug in your cat6 -> headphone converter and rock out.

OR! Solder up a special cat6 set of headphones that are officially the bathroom headphones.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You can really run any kind of data over cat6 for example, and I'm just tossing this out there; midi bidet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

do it, when you sell the place if a cam boy/girl is doing a walkthrough being already set up to do shower streams will be a selling point for them.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hmmmm

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Salt Fish posted:

You can really run any kind of data over cat6 for example, and I'm just tossing this out there; midi bidet.

sonic rear end cleansing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

thank you for the vote but please help and answer my question it is very important

bathroom jack the UTP 6 up i don’t care

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Midi channel 1 = bidet water pressure
channel 2 = water jet x axis
channel 3 = water jet y axis

Wire that poo poo up to your twitch chat and let people go wild.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

ok just let me plug in my midi keyboard, select channel 1, and hammer the B7 key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
giving brown note a new meaning itt