Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Tangentially related, I have a copy of this sitting around in my stack of tabletop games I bought at tag sales for real cheap and I should rewrite the flavor stuff to be AEW-related

The System Mastery episode for this game is great. Apparently instead of "race" they have weight classes, and the only one worth picking is super heavyweight.

Shida/Statlander has good name potential, but I want them to be singles competitors, especially because there isn't any real team to oppose them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rantmo posted:

Hey Eddy Webb is a friend of mine! There's a newer game called World Wide Wrestling that recently finished it's Kickstarter for a second edition that looks good too, I backed it even though I haven't actually played a tabletop game in the better part of a decade.

Oh man, we bought World Wide Wrestling a while back from a local game shop but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Seems like a bunch of fun.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

karmicknight posted:

Fantasy Flight Games narrative dice system is what AEW deserves.

West End d6 system or GTFO.

(no, you're right, I just hate the FF system when it comes to Star Wars. FF would work perfectly with professional wrestling)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I would be down (obviously).

Would there be enough interest to either have someone be weighed down as running it, or would a booking committee of the players be possible becomes my like actual question.

CobiWann posted:

West End d6 system or GTFO.

(no, you're right, I just hate the FF system when it comes to Star Wars. FF would work perfectly with professional wrestling)

I should see if someone has a wrestling Genesys hack.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

WWW rules because the GM is basically just the booker but otherwise isnt terribly involved, and the goal is to make interesting matches happen not to "win", and players not involved in the match currently happening can be the announcers for it. i ran it like 5 years ago and the promotion was WCW in the year 3000. there was a secret John Cena belt and if someone could figure out the puzzles to challenge for it then John Cena would emerge from the timestream to defend the belt that he had always held, it was made for him to get him out of the main event scene. you can do anything in games. games are fun. play them with friends

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is gonna be a fun show

https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1270742375888019456

I really like how AEW has adopted New Japan's style of "tag match undercard" to keep things from getting stale with rematch after rematch of singles wrestlers. Plus, I'm sure it's nice for everyone not having to wrestle a full-blown singles match every week.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

according to talk is jericho sammy was originally supposed to eat a tyson punch

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

magiccarpet posted:

Yeah that sounds like the sort of bump the poor bastard would be made to take.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So are they gonna run the Tyson thing out to the next cruise and Jericho's gonna fight everyone along the way with the excuse they got between him and Tyson?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

magiccarpet posted:

I have watched Sammy Guevara do many stupid, stupid things over the course of his career, several in the past few weeks, and that, by far, would be the stupidest.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sammy: But think how good it would look as a thumbnail for the vlog!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I so need to play World Wide Wrestling. I own both books of the first edition and backed the second edition (digital files out in October?).

One Shot RPG did a play of the game, and Colt Cabana was one of the players.

Part One: https://oneshotpodcast.com/one-shot/world-wide-wrestling/
Part Two: http://oneshotpodcast.com/one-shot/world-wide-wrestling-part-2/
Part Three: http://oneshotpodcast.com/one-shot/210-world-wide-westling-part-3/

I do need to actually play it at some point.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I own that book but have never had a chance to play it. It's a good book by people who obviously love wrestling.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I kind of want to buy the wrestling game RumbleSlam, but mostly so I can paint the minis. I don’t know if the game is any good or not. It looks like Blood Bowl but wrestling. It’s probably not that good. But the minis look kinda cool.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
An AEW board game would an insta buy for me; right behind a video game.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the AEW video game will be an MMO brawler based on the DC Universe MMO. This is Kenny's fault.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

enigmahfc posted:

An AEW board game would an insta buy for me; right behind a video game.

It should be about the Librarians solving mysteries.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Give me my AEW kart racer you cowards :colbert:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Smash Bros Melee but it's AEW

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of wrestling and games, I wish someone would make a fun promotion manager simulator somewhere between what happens in a WWE video game and TEW2016

Just a really solid well designed simulator w/ 5-10 feet of depth instead of 20,000 leagues under the crunch

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

just popping in to say that if they don't sign Chris Hero I'll make it my mission in life to destroy AEW

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lamuella posted:

It is inevitable.

I wonder if at any point in the last few weeks Samoa Joe has thought to himself "He doesn't even have a penis on his face."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

magiccarpet posted:

I demand a recount on the prediction DoN thread.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

tbh White Wolf's storytelling system is the greatest RPG system because its stupidly free form. They'd adopted it from their usual werewolves and vampire fare to a near futuristic super hero setting which included Ric Flair as the eventual successor to both Vince McMahon and Dana White.

Except for the most recent system being written by neonazis.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lid posted:

Except for the most recent system being written by neonazis.

they fixed that part. Plus the vampire game is loving lame.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
After Cody and Mox told Darby he was grounded, Darby ran to his third dad.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1270827636240023558?s=19

Darby is probs in the new tony hawk. Can he get other wrestlers in? Can kenny omega be in? Can he bring Megalovania as a special track?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

What’s our movie tonight

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

The Legend of Tarzan

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

just popping in to say that if they don't sign Chris Hero I'll make it my mission in life to destroy AEW

yea this exactly but ricky starks

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Bring Hero in as Tyson's proxy vs Jericho

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

So just 4 matches on Dynamite right? Isn't it usually 5? Maybe more stories and longer matches this week

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fawning deference posted:

So just 4 matches on Dynamite right? Isn't it usually 5? Maybe more stories and longer matches this week

*pretend I passive aggressively quoted my GDT OP here*

Shida/Statlander vs. Rose/Ford
FTR vs. Butcher and Blade
Quen vs. Rhodes
Guevara vs. Cabana
Best Friends and Orange vs. Santana and Ortiz and also Jake Hager.

five matches promoted for Dynamite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dynamite Thread here.
New Discussion thread.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 11, 2020