Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
who will rescue the bunnies now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Lobsterhead posted:

That's pretty sad. Dees' pathological paranoia ended up killing him, assuming his cancer was treatable if he got actual medical help for it ASAP.

He was p. much the modern Steve Jobs if you think about it

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Nah, jobs was just a dipshit with a god complex. Dees is more like someone out of a Greek tragedy, in that the quality that made him great also led to his downfall. Hed be nothing without his insanity, and because of his insanity he died

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

i was thinking about that... what if regan hadn't destroyed the mental health hospital system in the 80s. what if dees had spent his adult life chatting with a therapist once a month and on free generic meds. would he have been able to channel his art more constructively? would he have been better at drawing the line between real (pizzagate) and fake (soros stuff)? how much of the anti-semitism was intrinsic and how much was psychosis.

like imagine a "well" dees getting a job as the cartoonist at the onion and drawing 80% the exact same stuff just less ... over the line.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
one thing i can tell you is that those photoshop collages would take a few hours apiece to put together

probably at least an hour+ finding good source pics, then isolating them all, arranging them all, generating any effects or other drawing bits, and making sure everything stays even in tone, and all of the actual cuts and pastes are cleanly put together/blended

edit: not all of them, of course, but the more complex ones, like Kaiju Putin punching the jet

also he had a great style, reminds me of like, early 90's toon'd out pastiche, or MAD magazine

smarxist has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Jun 8, 2020

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hey hey! Jeffrey, you've finally made it!!!!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Deeds was a genuinely talented artist

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

smarxist posted:

one thing i can tell you is that those photoshop collages would take a few hours apiece to put together

probably at least an hour+ finding good source pics, then isolating them all, arranging them all, generating any effects or other drawing bits, and making sure everything stays even in tone, and all of the actual cuts and pastes are cleanly put together/blended

edit: not all of them, of course, but the more complex ones, like Kaiju Putin punching the jet

also he had a great style, reminds me of like, early 90's toon'd out pastiche, or MAD magazine

The only thing I can think of that comes close are the old Pen and Pixel album covers.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Gazpacho posted:

he finally became a good nazi :thumbsup:

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

shouting about the jews with the angels now

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

lol @ the bongino cameo

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Tag yourself, I'm the Wal-mart Baterang on the belt.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

i say swears online posted:

this is so god-damned funny

today we stan a king

holy lol

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

this is so god-damned funny

Lol, I've seen that half a dozen times, but i just noticed the "Fluoridated"

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...

Parity warning posted:

who will rescue the bunnies now :(

New goon project: Bunny Rescue Ranch :duckie:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Hey big rip to the D man! I remember when I first became aware of ddee's work I thought his hatred of Hillary Clinton was insane and unfounded but everything he said about her came true:

How could we have ever been so blind?

i like that this one is a story but must be read right to left like a manga~

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

today we stan a king

lol at the "SUICIDE" book

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Maya Fey posted:

lol at the "SUICIDE" book

hell yes good catch lol

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
To think that this mad prophet of the End Times would have been just another corporate children's artist if he didn't try and redpill his boss at Sesame Street about the Jews.

Godspeed, you loving loon.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Not Important posted:

To think that this mad prophet of the End Times would have been just another corporate children's artist if he didn't try and redpill his boss at Sesame Street about the Jews.

Godspeed, you loving loon.

lmao at his origin story

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/David_Dees

quote:

According to Gawker, David Dees was a perfectly normal freelance illustrator for Sesame Street Magazine until he encountered the 9/11 truther movement, after which he vanished down the rabbit hole for a brief period

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Rip

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
i guess someone took over ddees.com, been going thru the dees masterlist on archive.org

uncluttered dees

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I didn't know he was from Ashland. Checks out.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Looks like Hillary got schlonged

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

cat botherer posted:

I didn't know he was from Ashland. Checks out.

yeah he drank that lovely water every day for sure

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Ashland is also the home of an orgone energy "research" "institute" so if only Dee's had made it up there to sleep under a crystal pyramid to repolarize his cancer neutrons or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
These need more anime edits.