Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I think my favorite wtf discontinued product besides Product 19™ is A.M. Pepsi. Marketing execs were downright shameless in the 80s.

and the lesson they learned from the failure of Breakfast Pepsi? It didn't have enough coffee in it.

quote:

A very entertaining full-length TV commercial was aired, in which singer Tom Jones stood on a table in a crowded cafeteria and belted out “It’s Not Unusual” while sipping Pepsi Kona. Consumers kept their eyes peeled for the “Kona Hummer,” a large vehicle from which samples of Pepsi Kona were distributed.
Entergaging!

quote:

The Philadelphia test market went poorly.

quote:

consumers stated that they just didn’t like the flavor combination of Pepsi-Cola and coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I break a highball glass into a rusted metal bowl followed by a cup of turpentine and a sprinkling of black powder.

That’s my breakfast you loving pussies.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sounds bad!

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I don't remember ever trying Product 19. Mom and Dad usually got Raisin Bran until at some point Dad went "let's get knock off Raisin Bran and Pirate themed knock off Lucky charms". And I usually get knock off Raisin Bran and Frosted Flakes now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m sorry about the time your parents got divorced.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Of course I go for Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The cereal that ran ads back in the day made for children literally bragging about how much sugar is in it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Give the rabbit some loving trix

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cinnamon toast tittyOs.

The cereal for adults!
They look like breasts and they go IN milk! The stuff writes itself! Plus, cinnamon toast!

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

biznatchio posted:

And yet, Total gets the last laugh at Product 19's funeral. Maybe Product 19 should have paced itself better with the nutritional facts so it could survive.

This world is unjust

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Colonel Cancer posted:

I can imagine a man in a lab coat, his unruly hair frizzled beyond any reason, screaming at the lightning storm "Soon, I'll unleash Product 19 and they'll learn, oh they'll learn!" whilst cackling wildly

Don't Doxx me!

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
And jesus, Grape Nuts Flakes. They're really not all that bad but way to backpedal from the extremely bold Fruit Nuts concept like total cowards Post!

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
As long as my boy Cap'n Crunch be around, I dont give no fucks about Kellogg.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Product 19, Triplex, Banana Nut Crunch, where have all the good cereals gone?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

McSpanky posted:

Product 19, Triplex, Banana Nut Crunch, where have all the good cereals gone?

Long time passing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Also Hostess brand corn flakes, hands down the best corn flakes I ever had and could only find at the local Hostess Store, which had been there for 45 god damned years until Hostess went bankrupt. And then when they got bought up and reorganized or whatever, none of the Hostess Stores reopened and I never saw their corn flakes again.

For that matter, none of their other products were quite the same either. I will mourn the loss of pre-closure Suzy-Qs for the rest of my days.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

McSpanky posted:

Banana Nut Crunch

drat. This one hit hard :smithfrog:

*pours milk out for my dead cereal homies*

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do they still make Flutie Flakes because that guy's son got caught in a wheat thresher or something?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
how was there a cereal called product 19. what the hell.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Colonel Cancer posted:

I can imagine a man in a lab coat, his unruly hair frizzled beyond any reason, screaming at the lightning storm "Soon, I'll unleash Product 19 and they'll learn, oh they'll learn!" whilst cackling wildly

Sounds like you're describing Dr. Weird inflicting Product 19 on Steve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Oh, this seems to be the thread for it.

For almost a month I couldn't find Raisin Nut Bran on the shelves at the three different stores I shop at. But today, I saw it back on the shelves. I think the box is different, but different like they regressed to an older style.

If this is a consequence of slipping out of my original dimension where Product 19 didn't exist, to this one where it used to exist, and I managed to get back Raisin Nut Bran as a trade-off, I'll take it.

Trump seems inescapable though.