Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

your e so youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care that my gfs son says cringe, it's that he says it in situations that are not significantly cringeworthy to justify it

like asking to have a bowl of cereal at 9pm and being told no

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

I don't care that my gfs son says cringe, it's that he says it in situations that are not significantly cringeworthy to justify it

he sounds like a comedic genius tbqh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i'll believe that when he finds a new word to replace this one word he's been saying for the past 13 months

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bart on his deathbed "I didn't do it"

uptime sinclair: "he gets me every time"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
gotta commit to the bit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wish I could reincarnate as steve urkel so I could run around asking people if I did it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Uptime Sinclair posted:

gotta commit to the bit

ive been trying that lately but it hasnt been working out so well

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Uptime Sinclair posted:

gotta commit to the bit

i think the one thing the something awful forums was truly first in demonstrating was that you actually should not commit to the bit.

specifically in 2004 with posting the dumb as gently caress 'gorilla comes out of loving nowhere' bit, which was so stupid that people realized that image macros in general were dumb, bad, and (eventually) dead.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i think the one thing the something awful forums was truly first in demonstrating was that you actually should not commit to the bit.

specifically in 2004 with posting the dumb as gently caress 'gorilla comes out of loving nowhere' bit, which was so stupid that people realized that image macros in general were dumb, bad, and (eventually) dead.
yeah, image macros in general were never ever heard from or called anything else ever again

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i feel like since the “run it into the ground” smilie was bought, things stopped getting run into the ground. maybe i just don’t notice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i guess the doge meme is the last thing i remember really getting run into the ground

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone maybe lowtax made some observation that just coz steve urkel makes ya laugh by saying cowabunga doesnt mean it’s going to be funny if you do it, in fact it’ll be lame

which is why “turn on your monitor” has been the hottest thing all 2020

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

actually the hottest thing is the california brush

:(

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

how many episodes of SNL are even going to air before the election tho?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Uptime Sinclair posted:

he sounds like a comedic genius tbqh

no he sounds like schadenboner

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

akadajet posted:

no he sounds like schadenboner

:drat: that's harsh. there's no expectation that a 9 year old knows better

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

computer toucher posted:

I used to be in IT, but then they changed what IT was, and what I was with wasn’t IT, and what’s IT is weird and scary to me now!

And it’ll happen to you too, son!

It’s all kubernetes and terraform now but for some reason I’m told to give interviews about reversing doubly linked lists

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

cringe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Why can he not have a bowl of cereal at 9 PM, though?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

it’s not good to encourage american style eating patterns in yoots

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it’s not good to encourage american style eating patterns in yoots

I think you're v.arrogantly imposing your cultural presuppositions by assuming he wants Coco Krispies rather than, say, kasha?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

I think you're v.arrogantly imposing your cultural presuppositions by assuming he wants Coco Krispies rather than, say, kasha?
eating patterns are eating patterns regardless of what you eat to justify your gluttony

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 19, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Uptime Sinclair posted:

eating patterns are eating patterns regardless of what you eat to justify your gluttony

He might have been down the kiwi mines until 8 PM?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*gf's son hangs his head and sadly puts his bowl of wheats and grains away*

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Also remember that everything is reversed in NZ so they have winter in the summer. Maybe their 9 PM is actually 9 AM?

:shrug:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Also remember that everything is reversed in NZ so they have winter in the summer. Maybe their 9 PM is actually 9 AM?

:shrug:
famished after a long day of evading the hamburgers what eat people

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

how can nz be reversed when most of the world is behind nz?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
show me new zealand on this globe

doesn’t exist

checkmate nzailure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schadenboner posted:

idk in this instance he probably didn’t finish his dinner or was perhaps disrespectful idk

Schadenboner posted:

it’s almost certainly corn flakes he wants. personally I think he needs more meat but he’s not my kid

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i guess the doge meme is the last thing i remember really getting run into the ground

idk i rarely leave this subforum. i rely on you fellow kids to fill me in on trends

echinopsis posted:

it’s almost certainly corn flakes he wants. personally I think he needs more meat but he’s not my kid

my guess is hes being influenced by the media he consumes. i suggest not watching seinfeld past 7 pm

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

idk i rarely leave this subforum. i rely on you fellow kids to fill me in on trends
me too. just here, dorkroom, a slice of games, and as little of pyf as i can get away with

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
cheugy thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks