Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
GREAT ep except the looming threat of a hager title match.

also I don't understand them booking title matches and then having future title matches already booked where the champs may not be the champs and also the challengers may not be the challengers. it's kinda unnecessarily messy. like the tag titles "who knows" who's fighting at fyter fest and also the tnt title will be defended next week but also cody is facing hager for it later at fyter fest. just weird booking.

I mean I think ultimately it'll be best friends vs cowboy bebop and hager vs cody and I guess they just want to have stakes in the mean time but it's weird to me being laid out that way.

everything else was stellar thou. great ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

coconono posted:

Sonny and Joey together is a real good setup. All I've seen of Sonny so far is he can hold his own really well in a tag but is not as confident in the singles spots. Joey's too good to let just be king of dark. Esp now that they're willing to do more cinematic stuff.
yo, i'm loving HERE for sonny/joey vaporwave hotline miami / drive bullshit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DuhSal posted:

GREAT ep except the looming threat of a hager title match.

also I don't understand them booking title matches and then having future title matches already booked where the champs may not be the champs and also the challengers may not be the challengers. it's kinda unnecessarily messy. like the tag titles "who knows" who's fighting at fyter fest and also the tnt title will be defended next week but also cody is facing hager for it later at fyter fest. just weird booking.

I mean I think ultimately it'll be best friends vs cowboy bebop and hager vs cody and I guess they just want to have stakes in the mean time but it's weird to me being laid out that way.

everything else was stellar thou. great ep.

I kinda like it. It makes the Cowboy Bebop/Best Friends match feel bigger if both teams had to scratch and claw to get there in the weeks leading up to it.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

That episode absolutely slapped. The matches were awesome and they set up like a hundred interesting things. The only weak link at the moment is the Allie/QT Marshall story

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I wish Moxley would make some friends on the show so he could be involved in more than one segment.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

his friend is; “stuck” in revpro :(

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Crapple! posted:

That episode absolutely slapped. The matches were awesome and they set up like a hundred interesting things. The only weak link at the moment is the Allie/QT Marshall story

I like that story but I also kind of hope that it’s a big swerve and she just really likes him for no apparent reason

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Reality Protester posted:

I wish Moxley would make some friends on the show so he could be involved in more than one segment.

truly the Surly of AEW

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

I kinda like it. It makes the Cowboy Bebop/Best Friends match feel bigger if both teams had to scratch and claw to get there in the weeks leading up to it.

hmm. yea I can see that. it just feels weird to have it booked ahead of time but then the entire match will change after already announcing it (not due to injury of course). maybe I'm just not used to it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I liked Allie with Butcher and the Blade more, tbh.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DuhSal posted:

has it happened before? this is really rubbing me the wrong way, even Chuckie had a hilarious tweet about it when the Superbads were getting a title shot (did I get fired?)

maybe Kenny & Hangman wanna work or something, idk

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like that story but I also kind of hope that it’s a big swerve and she just really likes him for no apparent reason

There's a small amount of intrigue right now because we all know QT is going to ruin everything in the title match and I can't resist watching a good trainwreck. I just hope there is a great payoff coming at the end of it all.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

we left tnt on and walking tall is playing at like... at least 1.25 speed?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MJeff posted:

I liked Allie with Butcher and the Blade more, tbh.

I liked her there but she also felt kind of purposeless since Butcher and Blade don’t really come across like they need a manager to help them. So she was just there mostly to look cool. At least here she has some sort of mystery as to whatever her evil plot is. But they don’t need to drag this out much longer, I hope they pull the trigger on whatever her deal is during the title match next week.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

smarxist posted:

has it happened before? this is really rubbing me the wrong way, even Chuckie had a hilarious tweet about it when the Superbads were getting a title shot (did I get fired?)

this is the first time I can recall them booking this way but I could be misremembering.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New Discussion thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

Cody had his title shot for Full Gear locked in pretty early and they emphasized "Card subject to change" when people said it took the stakes away from the weekly show

I think locking in Cody/Hager for Fyter Fest is stupid because part of the charm of a TV title with an open challenge is that the champion could drop it any time, and now it's pretty obviously not gonna happen anytime soon. Hangman/Kenny v. Best Friends is weird because they've set up two different TV title shots, but in theory I support giving Best Friends a proper build to a PPV-lite match. I just, uh, hope that Hangman/Kenny and Best Friends actually interact with each other sometime before Fyter Fest