Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
So far no news on identifying the driver. At this point I think I've done all I can to gather evidence but I'm communicating with the parents and have offered ro follow up in any leads they or their attorney may have. I recently heard from Lucie and she's in good spirits and says that she managed to hobble to the bathroom for the first time yesterday so she's on the road to recovery. I hope that she'll be able to get transferred to outpatient care soon so she'll be able see her family. Thanks again for all the amazing donations. Her family is overwhelmed with all ther amazing support that strangers are providing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Donated. I hope it will help.

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Donated.
Just hope the internet detectives don't turn this into a reddit red herring poo poo show.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Still working on gang tag, its hard to make something that people would want and is also not weird and respectful considering the gravity of this.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Still working on gang tag, its hard to make something that people would want and is also not weird and respectful considering the gravity of this.

Maybe something Red Cross-y since it's helping with medical bills? Just a thought.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

please catch that loving piece of poo poo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Honestly, you can take all the time in the world, in my book. "Getting a cool gang tag" is not something I can find the bandwidth to care about while people are getting run over by cars for saying "hey, maybe we shouldn't let cops torture black people to death."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Drunk Nerds posted:

Honestly, you can take all the time in the world, in my book. "Getting a cool gang tag" is not something I can find the bandwidth to care about while people are getting run over by cars for saying "hey, maybe we shouldn't let cops torture black people to death."

GrumpyMan
Nov 26, 2002
Big, fat party animal
Can't be arsed to post a screen cap, but hope my small donation helps, and I hope you can find this dickbag.

Best wishes for Lucie! This was the first thread I saw this morning, and I basically consider this rear end in a top hat, and those like him, to be domestic terrorists.

Good luck.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Big news! Lucie is out of the hospital and home with her healthy. She still has a long road to recovery and will be in rehabilitation and counseling for some time. The search continues for the driver. Thank you all for your very generous donations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

James Woods posted:

Big news! Lucie is out of the hospital and home with her healthy. She still has a long road to recovery and will be in rehabilitation and counseling for some time. The search continues for the driver. Thank you all for your very generous donations.

That's great! Thank you for the updates.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Donated $30. I hope the POS that did this gets found, arrested and jailed for a good long while, and that Lucie sues the poo poo out of him. (In which case can I get my money back please?)

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Donated, horrified

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Donated, but I'm on phone for a bit.

Anyone who targets protesters and their followers deserves nothing but absolute disdain.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
So this driver literally just drove through a group of protesters on the sidewalk?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Salty Josh posted:

So this driver literally just drove through a group of protesters on the sidewalk?

It's happened in multiple cities. The guy in Seattle even brought a gun with him.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Charles posted:

It's happened in multiple cities. The guy in Seattle even brought a gun with him.

Like, this dude hopped a curb and mowed people over?

Wtf?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Salty Josh posted:

Like, this dude hopped a curb and mowed people over?

Wtf?

https://www.king5.com/mobile/articl...d8-8bcf75166f23

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

gently caress that guy.

Even the dude in the original post?

It's astounding how that dude hasnt been found yet.

Salty Josh fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 17, 2020

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
No lynching, please. That seems a bit insensitive.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

James Woods posted:

Hell yes that’s awesome, and I know the gang tag isn’t a big deal, I’m just getting end of semester grading done and I feel bad I haven’t made time to work on it.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Salty Josh posted:

She was part of a large group of protestors marching through the street. At the time of the incident she was at a crosswalk and the driver was going the wrong way down a one way street. The driver plowed through the crowd and she wound up on his hood. He slammed on the brakes and she fell to the ground in front of his car. He then proceeded to run her over with his front and back wheels. There is a video linked in the OP. There is apparently surveillance footage but it hasn't been released by the OPD. We've since been trying to independently identify the vehicle.

James Woods fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 17, 2020

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
how bloody awful :( hope she gets better and hope you get the scumbag

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Donated what I could :shobon:

Let me know how I can help with the gang tag, brother.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Video Nasty posted:

Donated what I could :shobon:

Let me know how I can help with the gang tag, brother.

anything I'm drawing a blank, every time I try I keep thinking about how horrible what happened is and it fucks me up

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Just donated $50. Best of luck finding this awful person that did this and I hope for her speedy recovery.

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

James Woods posted:

So far no news on identifying the driver. At this point I think I've done all I can to gather evidence but I'm communicating with the parents and have offered ro follow up in any leads they or their attorney may have. I recently heard from Lucie and she's in good spirits and says that she managed to hobble to the bathroom for the first time yesterday so she's on the road to recovery. I hope that she'll be able to get transferred to outpatient care soon so she'll be able see her family. Thanks again for all the amazing donations. Her family is overwhelmed with all ther amazing support that strangers are providing.

glad to hear this, thanks for the updates. more like somethingawesome.com good job goons!

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

James Woods posted:

Any more updates, bro? I know it's only been a few days since..

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
These things kill me. You know if it was a cop or boogaloo boy that got hit they would have checked the traffic cams, run the plates, and made the arrest all in 24 hours

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

blight rhino posted:

Any more updates, bro? I know it's only been a few days since..

Nothing recently. We've been unable to independently get the video footage. It's unfortunately in the OPDs hands now.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

James Woods posted:

Nothing recently. We've been unable to independently get the video footage. It's unfortunately in the OPDs hands now.

got my fingers crossed. People suck.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a few meager :10bux: from an impoverished Australian goon

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
I just want to say thank you all again. It's amazing the support that you've shown to a complete stranger. Also a big thanks HugeGrossBurrito for organizing this and giving mod permission. This outpouring of generosity reminds me of why this website has been a mainstay in my life for nearly 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

I bike in/around Oakland several times a week. Been on the lookout for a white accord with plasti-dip wheels since I saw this thread.