Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest star making match ever
This poll is closed.
Sting vs Flair 12 16.67%
ZANDIG vs Janela 41 56.94%
Some dumb WWE match no one cares about 19 26.39%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

smarxist posted:

a fully kayfabe-less wrestling game where you have to work poo poo out with your fellow wrestlers before hitting the ring and then manage your presence during the match so that you're in the right spot to catch people, take bumps, do tag moves, etc. that were worked out beforehand would be a super interesting design space to explore, and the better worked the matches and other segments are, the better the crowd response would be :discourse:

if you were just A Wrestler in a promotion and had to be a good worker to advance, get over, and slowly gain more input on what matches and angles you work and eventually position yourself to capture and defend a title, manage injuries, personal routines, merch, etc.

it would probably appeal to like, 5% of wrestling fans, but hey as long as we're dreaming lmao

edit:
i just feel like there's so little to be done with what happens in the ring at this point, especially if you're approaching it from the "wrestling is real" angle, w/ health bars and taunts and super moves and poo poo, idk

That does seem like a good idea. Like imagine you’re using Chris Jericho and you’re planning a tag match with Hager against the Best Friends. You agree that the finish will be you hitting Trent with a Judas effect after Hager hits a Ho Train on him. But you’re not in position so you don’t him so Hager yells “ Dammit CJ! all you had to do was follow the drat train!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

screen shotting for posterity

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
give me a dustin vs dustin feud where they never acknowledge chuck taylor's name is dustin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dynamite Thread
New Discussion thread.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 18, 2020