Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i soldered a sad into my sorny gamestation and it’s really epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Laslow posted:

they can prove it by releasing ut99 in 4K120 or 8K60 with at least a couple mild raytracing gimmicks on top.

let me just play a pc-only twitch shooter with a controller not

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

carry on then posted:

let me just play a pc-only twitch shooter with a controller not
obviously i was in fantasyland, it’d obviously have kb+m support so I can just crush noobs that use controllers all day.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

what happened to weird robot combat sports games? somebody make me basewars the show 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

maniacdevnull posted:

what happened to weird robot combat sports games? somebody make me basewars the show 2020
god i loved basewars

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
the thumb sticks on game controllers are some of the worst ergonomic devices known to mankind. let's make a precision pointing device, but then only give it five millimeters of throw in any one direction so you have no dynamic range and it's completely impossible to have large precise movements! I sure love waiting for the input device. loving garbage. controllers were fine before that poo poo was introduced.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

TheFluff posted:

the thumb sticks on game controllers are some of the worst ergonomic devices known to mankind. let's make a precision pointing device, but then only give it five millimeters of throw in any one direction so you have no dynamic range and it's completely impossible to have large precise movements! I sure love waiting for the input device. loving garbage. controllers were fine before that poo poo was introduced.

same but i mean how do you solve that problem in a way that is Good Actually

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I don't know :smith:
ergonomics is real hard

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
with motion controls you can make tiny movements for precision and then large sweeping motions to go far, while still being a handheld portable package

*offer not valid when built with technology from this decade

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
maybe something like the F-16's pressure sensitive control stick that doesn't actually move could work, but then again that only really makes sense in its context since the control surfaces are always pushing back on you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the stick in the f-16 actually does move about 10 degrees in each direction, anyway, because the cockpit ergonomists determined that pilots were able to be more precise with a small amount of movement.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

psiox posted:

same but i mean how do you solve that problem in a way that is Good Actually

trackball baby!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jabor posted:

with motion controls you can make tiny movements for precision and then large sweeping motions to go far, while still being a handheld portable package

*offer not valid when built with technology from this decade

plus you can finally get people replacing their tvs regularly again as they hurl the motion control through the panel

win/win

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

thumbsticks for large motions and motion controls for precision nudging is the right way to do it
if you have to wave the controller around wildly like an idiot all day you end up destroying your wrist joints, it's not comfortable at all over time

i still have nightmares about my old sidewinder freestyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwfoyoEJt5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hell yeah 9fps in flight simulator 98. the future is here