Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

well why not posted:

S1 had a lot of “this could’ve been a Star Trek” eps where they’re just running into cultures that don’t really explain the rules SG1 break. It alleviates soon, but you always get a couple of what I call “falling on the flowers” episodes.

the parallels between tng season 1 and stargate season 1 are pretty strong yeah. i think stargate manages to have higher peaks in its season 1 tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It’s true, it really feels like leftovers for a few eps. Then the cycle continues when Enterprise basically xeroxes Sg1 aesthetic.

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
Season one of star gate is fantastic. On my rewatch, I was flabbergasted by how many good episodes were there that I remembered.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

They also get into interstellar war drama (offscreen, don’t ask to see it) REALLY early. Asgard is s1!