Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So much goes wrong in this episode that sleeping to death is only a minor incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

'Common moth' once again reassuring me that translators really are just given sheets of contextless words/snippets to translate and don't get to interact with other people working on the other snippets, since it's a reasonable way to translate it as long as you're entirely unaware that you're writing the description for 'mother mammoth'.

Also the fire might be trying to evoke Prometheus. Possibly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You are going to need a death marathon video to get the graveyard reward.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If this is where people come from bring back anti-Darwinism.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Well, this sure was a plot twist! And the translation got fixed a little.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Scrambled eggs but not tossed salads? What a shame.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

In my heart of hearts i was calling out what the gift was and I was right :allears:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They avoided the meteor at least.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

OK, the game doesn't let me use the gun.
The final key item doesn't have a graphic – only a generic description that sometimes it shines differently.

It put Zeus in the killed creature list, though. I'm probably missing a fish.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Too bad, if they're going to curse you with the bad end you could at least get a superweapon out of it. And yeah, the missing creature is another fish. I guess those are easy to miss if you don't walk up to the right body of water.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 10, 2021

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So this was a Zardoz adaptation?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

But the gun was bad in this case instead of good.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This is what happens when you give guns to monkeys. Planet of the Apes really happened.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Short and stylish. Why aren't more simple titles like that? :argh:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That game looked nice. I loved the art and music, and the gameplay seemed fine for a beat 'em up.

I admit though, I'm left curious about all that stuff you didn't show, like what the Death Mask does, the good ending and the other modes. Hopefully someone will do a more comprehensive LP of it at some point, unlikely as it may be.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Everything on-screen in gameplay is unaltered from the Japanese version, Mow Mow Milk sign included (likewise, the buttons in the factory being labelled 押, push). They did cut some audio from the fast food boss, though, it had some voiced lines indicating which attack it was about to use. They were in Japanese, of course, so they got vanished.

Also if you enter press triangle four times, then circle three times, then cross twice, then square once on the main screen, it unlocks all the hidden options in the menu. I know this code exists in the Japanese version because I saw someone use it, but I can't guarantee the PAL version.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I really like the early 00's low-poly-with-cartoony-textures visuals, and the train boss was my favorite by far.

I also liked the final boss t-posing on his fading out animation.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is yet another old game I didn't know about that seems like it may have inspired in part a newer game I do know, Lollipop Chainsaw in this case.

Anyways I also liked that, as short as it may be even with whatever those options do.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Grinding is back! Could they've made this game without the grinding?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Okay, so while this game looks really tiresome, I will absolutely give it credit for trying to do something new with the zombie genre, and actively appreciate that it's something where you're actively trying to save people instead of the common "people are awful" thing you get in lots of zombie media. So, good job on that, Simple 2000 series!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This is like Zombie Driver.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Could you adjust up the brightness in videos a tad? I can barely see anything if I'm watching during the day.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's long, it's loving dark, and it's over :toot:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Good going, crazy zombie driver.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Simple couldn't have ever ended on a high note I suppose, they never aimed for that level. Even so some pretty wild swings in quality throughout. Unfortunately I believe all the professional garbage has shifted to mobile, or at least the possibly maybe acceptable kind (if it wasn't for all the loot boxes). There's all those asset flip games on Steam but those ones aren't even trying.

Scalding Coffee posted:

This is like Zombie Driver.

It kind of is, yeah. Maybe that's another game that was maybe possibly inspired by a little known Japanese game.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

rest easy, Panty Waste Hawk :patriot:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

SatansOnion posted:

:pressf:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

That was... well, it was certainly something. It was also terrible.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

As far as I can tell getting the tank requires you to first unlock it in Attack/Endless mode (by scoring 1000 points), then you can get it in the main game by killing 999 zombies (no mechanics requirement). So. much like the main game, hope you like grinding for results (I mean you could wait for it to unlock naturally but it seems impractical for actually playing the game with, just fun for zombie-slaying).

Kibayasu posted:

Unfortunately I believe all the professional garbage has shifted to mobile, or at least the possibly maybe acceptable kind (if it wasn't for all the loot boxes)

Yeah, I imagine the effort involved in getting a low-effort console game published is way too much hassle these days when you can just publish somewhere which will take basically anything that passes minimum standards.

SatansOnion posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

SatansOnion posted:

and his brother, Boxer Waste Hawk