Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?
Yeah, the ole Something Awful Sycophant Squad. First diaspora forum I was aware of.

Most of those guys were OK, looking back... PPC, that talking chihuahua... poo poo, I wonder what Tim Dang is doing *right now*. Even Hightax wasn't so bad. The forum got shut down when he got doxxed-- it turned out that he was, uhh, short. And played in a Duran Duran cover band. All seems so petty nowadays.

Never really contributed much to SASS -- a few shitposts, and I think I recommended The Chronicles of Prydain to Hangly Man when he was asking for book recommendations for his kid. He later took the right-wing portion of SASS into his diaspora-diaspora forums, TNE and Something Sensitive. Aside from the social service provided by outing pedo mods here, they were borderline unreadable. While being immaculately maintained! Like litttle polished turds.

But SASS, SASS I miss. Miss buttes. I know this is all jibberish, but just wanted to say some final words over a little forum that tried to take something like GBS and find the good in it... and for a short while it almost seemed possible.

nahm not really, now that I think harder it was a racist shithole. nostalgia clouds all.

Just give the forums AWAY, lo-tax, just pick someone at random and hand the whole thing over. Or give everything to Zack, if you can talk him into it. That way you can restore a little smidge of karma and goodwill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

mmmm posted:

Yeah, the ole Something Awful Sycophant Squad. First diaspora forum I was aware of.

Most of those guys were OK, looking back... PPC, that talking chihuahua... poo poo, I wonder what Tim Dang is doing *right now*. Even Hightax wasn't so bad. The forum got shut down when he got doxxed-- it turned out that he was, uhh, short. And played in a Duran Duran cover band. All seems so petty nowadays.

Never really contributed much to SASS -- a few shitposts, and I think I recommended The Chronicles of Prydain to Hangly Man when he was asking for book recommendations for his kid. He later took the right-wing portion of SASS into his diaspora-diaspora forums, TNE and Something Sensitive. Aside from the social service provided by outing pedo mods here, they were borderline unreadable. While being immaculately maintained! Like litttle polished turds.

But SASS, SASS I miss. Miss buttes. I know this is all jibberish, but just wanted to say some final words over a little forum that tried to take something like GBS and find the good in it... and for a short while it almost seemed possible.

nahm not really, now that I think harder it was a racist shithole. nostalgia clouds all.

Just give the forums AWAY, lo-tax, just pick someone at random and hand the whole thing over. Or give everything to Zack, if you can talk him into it. That way you can restore a little smidge of karma and goodwill.

Hangly was a loving lame but that girl who was in his avatar for a minute was very fine.

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

Hangly was a loving lame but that girl who was in his avatar for a minute was very fine.

do you mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PAzqBUNlCs&t=15s

never seemed like a cool enough guy to listen to that band -- I kind of felt sorry for him before he crawled up his own rear end in a top hat. sounded so lonely. who moves to china to hang out with white people, idgi