Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
Who knows whether the forums will still be here next week :sadwave: Before they (possibly) die I'd love to see everyone's best of their best work.

Post your favourite three photos that you've ever taken. Any genre, subject or time period.

Let's go out on a high!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

IMG_4651-Edit.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_6239-Edit.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_0394.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
"just GIS it if you must have a moon pic" by ms, on Flickr

I forget who posted posted:

Ah yes, the challenge of owning supertelephoto lenses and the accomplishment of taking the same photo as everyone else who points one at the moon. I mean sure use the moon as a compositional element in a landscape photo or portrait but if literally all you are doing is filling the frame with it then maybe rethink why you make photographs.

lifeline by ms, on Flickr

grapevine invader by ms, on Flickr

robertdx
Mar 15, 2005

Lens slap
Salt Creek Criterium by Robert Baird, on Flickr

Sapulpa Route 66 Criterium 2010 by Robert Baird, on Flickr

Tulsa Tough 2010 Photos by Robert Baird, on Flickr

still haven't topped these

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

IMG_5045 by charliebravo77, on Flickr
Urban Critters by charliebravo77, on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Dorkroom lives on, but I want to play along anyway.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

One of my favs I’ve seen here.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Prismatic Robin by Aves Lux, on Flickr

Buff-tailed Bumblebee on Hebe by Aves Lux, on Flickr

18-spot Ladybird #2 by Aves Lux, on Flickr

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
:aaa:
This is so beautiful. I love it.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Straddling by B. B., on Flickr

chickstealer2 by B. B., on Flickr

Personal Best by B. B., on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Awesome shot.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

What a stunner!

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
This is just one of those shots I'm not ever sure how I captured it. I can give the technical details and everything, but it just is on its own and I still find myself poring over its detail every time I see it.

Serendipity by Ryan Sees What, on Flickr

The extended shutter speed and color gets me each time on this one.

Untitled by Ryan Sees What, on Flickr

This one taken just a couple weeks ago. I'm proud of how the lines, the motion and the crowd focus are all captured.

Untitled by Ryan Sees What, on Flickr

I have a few more that I could probably swap in and out with these and still feel confident calling them "Top 3," but these are what I choose today. :sweatdrop:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
My first real try at doing a pano last summer:

IMG_2677r by Kevin Strzalka, on Flickr

Shedd Aquarium, not really sure if that counts as cheating for animal shots or not:

IMG_1721 by Kevin Strzalka, on Flickr

I'd probably get some annoyed glances if I didn't include this one among my top 3:

IMG_2387r by Kevin Strzalka, on Flickr

Nothing as stunning as most every other image in the thread, but I'm still relatively new to the hobby so I have plenty of room to grow.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I like the jellyfish. Were you right up against the glass? I hear shooting in aquariums/animal enclosures is notoriously difficult.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

President Beep posted:

I like the jellyfish. Were you right up against the glass? I hear shooting in aquariums/animal enclosures is notoriously difficult.

Thank you, it was a new and nerve-wracking experience. In this case the glass was curved so I couldn't even get a solid seal to it, so I had to cup my hand around the lens as best I could. Also most of the glass is dirty with fingerprints and you have the pressure of masses of people all walking around you trying to look at the same cool fish that you are. 90% of my shots from that day were completely unusable.

Although not nearly as stressful as photographing my own proposal.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hard choices here.

This is gorgeous

Megabound fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 16, 2020

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm just a lurker and a hack but I like this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004