Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Hey, the AV Club wrote about it last year when we George Bailey-ed Lowtax and it still looked like a heartwarming story. Maybe they'd be interested again.

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1108146167219716096

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

"Cock'n'Balls" is a pinnacle of modern medicine.

sigher posted:

Uhhh, what do you think is going to happen? If this became a huge story their names would get out and they'd probably be dealing with tons of stupid poo poo that they never wanted. This is knee jerk idiocy.

Notified S Miller at The A.V. Club.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I think we should let the women he's abused ultimately decide who to talk to about this. Also, going public now will gently caress up her court date in September. Chill, nobody should get famous off this.

edit- yeah lemme just say this as the person who posted it to the frontpage.

this man speaks from experience

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
good news everyone, lowtax is beating us to the punch: https://twitter.com/LABasedComedian/status/1276333140550643713?s=19

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Africa is a Country, Palestine Chronicle, Indigenous Action Media

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

lowtax is beating us to the punch

lol

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
OP must be more brain damaged than lowtax if he thinks this will get any traction

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lmao at just flat out kink-shaming in this awesome tweet, I’m sure LABASEDCOMEDIAN is the right man for this job

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

I'm sorry, I know this is a serious topic and I'm all for raising awareness, but this thread reminded me of this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zealander
Aug 3, 2006
This is what I don't get. So Lowtax hit a woman. The woman will go to police and hire a lawyer. Lowtax will be arrested, convicted and sent to jail. Restitution will be paid, apologies given. Probation, ankle monitors etc.

Why is this necessary?

quote:

CNN, NPR, NBC, Missouri News Tribune, The Verge, Kotaku, Gizmodo, Jezebel, HuffPost
Slate, The Atlantic,The Daily Beast, 4 parts of Vice, Motherboard, Buzzfeed
Mother Jones, Reuters, AP, Chicago Tribune, ABC, CBS,
Scott Vance and Barbara Vobejda at Washington Post (both Deputy Managing Editors), NYT, Mashable, Polygon

and why only these? Why not Fox News, Aljazeera, Russia Today?

quote:

Scott Vance and Barbara Vobejda at Washington Post (both Deputy Managing Editors)

Wow really, the Deputy Managing Editors at WoPo gave you a cold shoulder? Do you know where they live?