Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

tardwrangler posted:

never played an mmo. whatre they like?

The last time I played one it was mostly about leveling up so you can “raid” (nobody knows what that means) and collecting butterflies to sell in the auction house to complete “collections”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Hey Fonz, Red VS Blue, amirite?

YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT LOOOOOOOL

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Halo's on PC now, again. no excuses, let's halo

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The coward admins REFUSE to change the title of this thread to "Bronze Fonz played Halo once and it sucked".

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

FPzero posted:

Halo's on PC now, again. no excuses, let's halo

No i don’t want to let’s all play unreal tournament

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
it sucked because you are bad at halo XD

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Grundma posted:

Halo 1 has aged really badly and has miserable level design

It was obvious even when the game came out though.

Was super excited for perfect dark remaster on the 360 and oh boy did the second half of that game not hold up at all.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No i don’t want to let’s all play unreal tournament

This is fair

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Genesplicer posted:

My uncle works for Halo, so I get to play all the games early. I finished Halo part 10 yesterday. Mister Beef is the best!

Is Halo 10 the one where Master Chief finally shows Samus how much he loves her and they get married?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Cyks posted:

It was obvious even when the game came out though.

Was super excited for perfect dark remaster on the 360 and oh boy did the second half of that game not hold up at all.

loving truth, my goon

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i diagnosed myself with autism when I found myself jumping around outside all the single player maps in halo 2 for hours. some mad man got ontop of the mac cannon. that's true

I peaked at 15 when my clan was featured on some big halo fan site. we used a bunch of vehicles to build forts on headlong for maybe the first time? we also had a sick rear end video set to Mars volta. drat being 15 owned

drat, I'm feeling really, really old right now. Thanks for that. Halo came out when I was 39. Never played any of the online stuff. I prefer single player.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
I played halo while my brother was watching one of his friends places. Did it all in one night, and it was a complete bore to my tears. I grew up playing all sorts of shooters and that game was a fuckin disappointment. Once I got to the robots on the ship I said gently caress it and went and played that lovely mechwarrior game on the xbox called mechassault.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Luitpold posted:

I played halo while my brother was watching one of his friends places. Did it all in one night, and it was a complete bore to my tears. I grew up playing all sorts of shooters and that game was a fuckin disappointment. Once I got to the robots on the ship I said gently caress it and went and played that lovely mechwarrior game on the xbox called mechassault.

oh hell fukkkin yeah mechassault on the xbox was the first online game I ever played and the very first time I got on the mic I had some older cool guys call me the gamer word. sad to say I never recovered

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The coward admins REFUSE to change the title of this thread to "believe BF when he says he played it once and it sucked so much it took forever to remember this unpleasant memory anyway who gives a poo poo it's a lovely FPS on a console you play with a goddamn gamepad"

Cowards.

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 28, 2020

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Man it must have sucked if you were a kid with an uncle at Nintendo for real.

I always wondered about that. Especially if he was like the janitor or whatever and couldn't tell you fully sick game tips

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Imagine the kids at school making fun of you because your dad works at Nintendo but doesn't even know the konami code.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Genesplicer posted:

drat, I'm feeling really, really old right now. Thanks for that. Halo came out when I was 39. Never played any of the online stuff. I prefer single player.

drat

That said although I am about 10 years behind you I still felt old when I checked the release date, 2001 jesus

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

oh hell fukkkin yeah mechassault on the xbox was the first online game I ever played and the very first time I got on the mic I had some older cool guys call me the gamer word. sad to say I never recovered

I have PTSD from playing that game briefly man, it was such poo poo. Looking back it was a phone ap in mascara and a brazier.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
#metoo up until 2 days ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Is Halo 10 the one where Master Chief finally shows Samus how much he loves her and they get married?

Yeah but that’s the super secret ending that you only get if you beat the game with Kratos in under 69 minutes, knife only.