Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
current pipe tobacco status: I found some Sunset Harbor Flake I forgot I ordered and it’s hitting the spot.

Gives me a little time to start building another order with all the recommendations I’ve received - they all seem like great suggestions. One more step on the march towards smokingpipes gold VIP status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I found a fun little video that I think this thread might enjoy:

https://youtu.be/iPYUwVZ0kq4?si=HHPGejk6-TAQ7rn2

I’m only about ten minutes in so hopefully it doesn’t get weird

E: oh poo poo I really want a Disneyland branded table lighter

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 20, 2024

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

NewFatMike posted:

I found a fun little video that I think this thread might enjoy:

https://youtu.be/iPYUwVZ0kq4?si=HHPGejk6-TAQ7rn2

I’m only about ten minutes in so hopefully it doesn’t get weird

E: oh poo poo I really want a Disneyland branded table lighter

I wonder how much an unopened tin of that Disneyland Special Blend would go for today. I imagine it was probably some burley-forward blend in the vein of Edgeworth RR or Sugar Barrel.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Playing around on a brisk morning with the very first pipe I ever bought, 20 years ago today. It’s a Brylon (artificial briar) Yellow-Bole billiard. I hadn’t a clue about pipe shapes OR materials, much less how to pack and light it and keep it going. Finishing off a bowl of Early Morning Pipe, made by Peterson instead of my dearly-departed Dunhill tins.

Edit, why not?:

My latest pipe, a Missouri Meerschaum Cobbit Dwarf. Same EMP, which goes wonderfully after eggs, sausage, and toast (the dog gets the last bite of everything!) and a pot of coffee with Bailey’s crème liquor. Sorry for subjecting y’all to me in the morning, but the Cigar & Pipe threads were my favorite posting holes and I miss the days when you could F5 :f5: and the threads were active enough to read and learn something new about fine tobaccos and stories from Flyinglemur and Canadian Cuban cigar store adventures from PT6A. Humor an old man.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 23, 2024