Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Farseli posted:

At least I'll be armed!

..Armok willing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

RIP me, never to keep bees again. :v:

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

Black Robe posted:

Look, if the gods want me to make jewellery instead of weapons, then the gods clearly want you to be horribly killed by fire imps.

In Tomehammers the gods are not so much worshiped as blamed.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Farseli posted:

Oh there we go. At least I'll be armed!

Sorry about the other 23 of us taking a step back when our mayor BR asked for a volunteer! We all thought we heard something...

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

ddegenha posted:

Book of Tomehammers prayers is more like a catalogue of legal suits launched against the gods.

"And now, my congregation, please turn to hymn 42, 'The People of FrigidKives vs. Zalstom Absam.'"

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

ddegenha posted:

Would you go so far as to say that death is the god's crime?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Oh well, that was more than I have ever achieved in one of these before. Put me back in as a farmer please.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Timber 552

quote:

A forlorn haunt, seeking out known locations or drifting around the place of death. This spirit has not been properly memorialized or buried.

Tomehammers was in grief. Half the population was dead, including their overseer. The dwarves began to memorializing their loved ones. Recall, they had sealed the last fire imp inside of the Tomehammers crypt; therefore the miners quickly expanded an existing tunnel to house a new row of coffins.

A number of original tomes were known to reside in Tomehammers at this time, as well as several reproduction Fordedglows.

In spite of all the work to be done, some leaned on their hobbies to get them through the hard times. Library records show Eeepies and Lushbetost visiting The Treasury of Work on 14 Timber.

quote:

The written portion consists of a 150 page novel entitled Buff Hip, authored by Caraca Fordedglows. The work has no particular subject. The writing is quite florid and it is somewhat self-indulgent. Overall, the prose is amateurish at best.

quote:

The written portion consists of a 22 page short story entitled Tar and Nothing More, authored by Caraca Fordedglows. The work has no particular subject. The writing is somewhat self-indulgent. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

The group decided to finish their dining hall, in order to lift their spirits. Seeing as so many had died for the lava-pit project, a different space was carved out to the west of the apartments, just in case.

While the constrcution was underway, in the first week of Moonstone, a band of invaders appeared on the glacial plain. News had spread of the weakened fortress and the valuables housed within. Records vary, but at least half a dozen goblins were sighted outside the gates.

This time, the door sealed without a hitch.

Wary of a fight, the dwarves only had to wait for the horrible mountain dust to drive off their foes.

Even with the main construction crew working to wall off the pit, the dwarves of Tomehammers had a fairly easy time furnishing their new dining hall. All of the furniture had already been commisioned in advance. Many dwarves who had been distrupted in the post-imp fortress were able to find themselves in interior decoration.

This also allowed the food stores to be moved inside from the farming fields, again, just in case.

However, without a proper overseer, many important jobs were being ignored. The ghost of Albert Krabs was seen scolding AJ Impy a craftsdwarf. With no body intact, the former had been neglected from the burial list. Impy They finally put Krabs to rest, knowing there would be more ghosts to come in the near future.

☼granite memorial to `Albert Krabs' Mengshigos☼ posted:

In memory of `Albert Krabs' Mengshigos
Born 485
Went missing in the year 552
Lover of hungry head bone

So Math fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 30, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Waitwaitwait. I’m not dead?! I wasn’t on the survivor list!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

Waitwaitwait. I’m not dead?! I wasn’t on the survivor list!

Self-discovery is an eternal journey.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Copyist's Addendum

OK, I've been holding my tongue while I transcribe this text, but I gotta point out something the historian got wrong. Yes, the gravestone rubbing bears AJ Impy's mark, but that's only because Impy chiseled the slab while they were still alive. A dwarven engraver would never insert themselves onto the deceased's marker.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The book 'Tar and Nothing More' makes me think of being stuck in a giant pond of asphalt in CoQ

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Meanwhile, I'm reading a book about muscular hips. Scandalous!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
My dwarf is reading a book that is not awful. Maybe this is why he survived?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

I read this as Toehammer. It must be where dwarven miners get super clumsy and flatten their phalanges with artisanally crafted sledgehammers.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
552 Sandstone
Log of Immigration

`Niftybottle' Idoksarvesh, "`Niftybottle' Pointedfurnace", Engraver

quote:

"I finished up some work. That was satisfying."

She is a worshipper of The Medicine of Searching.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Cult of Healing. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 15th of Sandstone in the year 552.

She is fifty-three years old, born on the 1st of Granite in the year 499.

She is tall. Her straight hair is somewhat greasy. Her very long hair is braided. She has a prominent chin. Her teeth are crowded. Her lips are thick. Her ears are slightly flattened. Her hair is brown. Her skin is burnt umber. Her eyes are aquamarine.

She is agile.

`Niftybottle' Idoksarvesh likes malachite, copper, banded agate, wolverine leather, the color cardinal, bolts, leggings, bracelets, the sound of The Lacy Butterfly and the sight of The Adoration of Saturninity. When possible, she prefers to consume guppy, carambola wine and pearl millet. She absolutely detests toads.

She has a sum of patience, but she has poor analytical abilities, meager creativity, a questionable spatial sense, an iffy memory and quite poor focus.

Like others in her culture, she has a great deal of respect for the law, values family greatly, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally values good craftsdwarfship, values loyalty, values peace over war and does not care about friendship. She dreams of creating a great work of art.

She lives at a high-energy kinetic pace. She is prone to hatreds and often develops negative feelings. She is rarely happy or enthusiastic, and she is conflicted by this as she values parties and merrymaking in the abstract. She tends to ask others for help with difficult decisions. She tends to make a small mess with her own possessions. She doesn't tend to hold on to grievances. She thinks she is fairly important in the grand scheme of things. She often acts with compassion. She needs alcohol to get through the working day. She likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.

`Captain Aardvark' Gemsitdegel, "`Captain Aardvark' Pastimegalleys", Willing Recruit

quote:

"I was never one to follow advice."

She is an ardent worshipper of The Medicine of Searching.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Tower-Doctrine of Bastions. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 15th of Sandstone in the year 552.

She is eighty-seven years old, born on the 8th of Malachite in the year 465.

She is tall and very muscular. Her hair is incredibly straight. Her very long hair is tied in a pony tail. She has a jutting chin. She has a very clear voice. Her nose bridge is concave. Her teeth are crowded. Her burnt umber skin is wrinkled. Her slightly protruding aquamarine eyes are slightly wide-set. Her ears are somewhat broad. Her hair is chocolate with flecks of gray.

She is very strong and slow to tire, but she is slow to heal.

`Captain Aardvark' Gemsitdegel likes orthoclase, nickel, bandfire opal, crystal glass, whale shark leather, backpacks, ducks for their quacks, polar bears for their strength and the words of The Plan of Mirth. When possible, she prefers to consume reindeer, buckwheat beer and plump helmet spawn. She absolutely detests hamsters.

She has great intuition and a great sense of empathy, but she has little linguistic ability and very bad analytical abilities.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally values sacrifice, finds leisure time wasteful and does not care about fairness. She dreams of crafting a masterwork someday.

She has great trouble mastering fear when confronted by danger. She strongly prefers discussions of ideas and abstract concepts over handling specific practical issues. She only rarely tries to assert herself in conversation. She has a greedy streak. She often feels discouraged. She isn't particularly ambitious. She has an active imagination. She is quite comfortable with others that have a different appearance or culture. She is often nervous. She has a tendency to go it alone, without considering the advice of others. She tends not to reveal personal information. She tends to assume the worst of two outcomes will be the one that comes to pass. She occasionally overindulges. She has a sense of duty. She doesn't handle stress well. She needs alcohol to get through the working day. She does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.

`Capntastic' Akrulnoram, "`Capntastic' Tinrelieve", Animal Caretaker

quote:

"I'm not going to change my mind."

She is a casual worshipper of The Medicine of Searching.

She is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. She is a member of The Cult of Warding. She is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. She arrived at Melbilnil on the 15th of Sandstone in the year 552.

She is seventy-eight years old, born on the 7th of Timber in the year 474.

She is tall and fat. Her very long hair is neatly combed. Her slightly wide-set aquamarine eyes are narrow. Her lips are thick. Her eyebrows are somewhat high. Her nose is slightly upturned. Her ears are free-lobed. Her hair is mahogany. Her skin is burnt umber.

She is tough, but she is weak.

`Capntastic' Akrulnoram likes bituminous coal, lay pewter, amber opal, olm leather, giant rattlesnake bone, cabochons, coffins, wild boars for their tusks and the sound of The Luxurious Rhymes. When possible, she prefers to consume chinchilla, pineapple wine, acorns and bilberries. She absolutely detests hamsters.

She has very good intuition, but she has a shortage of patience, little linguistic ability and really poor focus.

Like others in her culture, she holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. She personally values sacrifice and values decorum, dignity and proper behavior. She dreams of crafting a masterwork someday.

She is swayed by emotional appeals. She is stubborn. She tends to be a bit stubborn in changing her mind about things. She doesn't tend to hold on to grievances. She is brave in the face of imminent danger. She doesn't try to get things done perfectly. She thinks she is fairly important in the grand scheme of things. She finds obligations confining, though she is conflicted by this for more than one reason. She needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Lemniscate' Tholonul, "`Lemniscate' Deepmirrored", Potter

quote:

"I saw a goblin tell the story of the formation of The Ticks of Sweltering in the late spring of 77 at The Fenced Butters. It's interesting."

He is a worshipper of The Medicine of Searching.

He is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. He is a member of The Safe Communion. He is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. He arrived at Melbilnil on the 15th of Sandstone in the year 552.

He is sixty-seven years old, born on the 17th of Opal in the year 485.

He is pretty tall but also very frail. His sideburns are clean-shaven. His long moustache is arranged in double braids. His very long beard is braided. His very long hair is neatly combed. He has a very clear voice. His aquamarine eyes are slightly wide-set. His hair is sepia. His skin is burnt umber.

He is quick to tire, very flimsy and unquestionably weak.

`Lemniscate' Tholonul likes saltpeter, rose gold, prase opal, pig tail paper, the color lavender blush, cabochons, shields, millstones, figurines, buckets and the sight of The Adoration of Saturninity. When possible, he prefers to consume two-grain wheat beer. He absolutely detests blood gnats.

He has a great memory and an ability to read emotions fairly well, but he has meager creativity, a poor kinesthetic sense and a poor ability to manage or understand social relationships.

Like others in his culture, he holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values leisure time, respects commerce and finds nature somewhat disturbing. He personally finds the pursuit of knowledge to be a waste of effort and does not really value skills related to fighting. He dreams of crafting a masterwork someday.

He is assertive to the point of aggression, unwilling to let others get a word in edgewise when he has something to say. He is not a private person and freely shares details of his life. He is not driven and rarely feels the need to pursue even a modest success. He doesn't focus on material goods. He tends to avoid any physical confrontations. He is slow to trust others. He rarely feels discouraged. He takes offered help and gifts without feeling particularly grateful. He has a tendency to go it alone, without considering the advice of others. He is quite polite. He tends to be a bit stubborn in changing his mind about things. He enjoys the company of others. He becomes very focused during conversations when he's angry. He needs alcohol to get through the working day.

`Xelkelvos' Tobulshoduk, "`Xelkelvos' Canyondive", Dyer

quote:

"I could really use a drink."

He is a worshipper of Doren Mineddiamond.

He is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. He is a member of The Amethyst Sect. He is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. He arrived at Melbilnil on the 15th of Sandstone in the year 552.

He is fifty-five years old, born on the 1st of Obsidian in the year 497.

He is tall and very muscular. His sideburns are clean-shaven. His very long moustache is arranged in double braids. His very long beard is neatly combed. His medium-length hair is arranged in double braids. His lips are thick. His nose bridge is somewhat concave. His ears are somewhat broad. His hair is buff. His skin is burnt umber. His eyes are aquamarine.

He is very strong, very agile and tough, but he is very quick to tire.

`Xelkelvos' Tobulshoduk likes horn silver, bismuth bronze, golden beryl, pomelo wood wood, green glass, the color amethyst, querns, puzzleboxes, rabbits for their ears and the sight of The Adoration of Saturninity. When possible, he prefers to consume sweet potato wine. He absolutely detests jumping spiders.

He has a great musical sense, but he has poor empathy and quite poor focus.

Like others in his culture, he has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce and values knowledge. He personally finds romance distasteful, values tranquility and a peaceful day, values nature, sees introspection as important and doesn't particularly care about craftsdwarfship. He dreams of mastering a skill.

He is quick to form negative views about things. He tends to share his own experiences and thoughts with others. He is somewhat fearful in the face of imminent danger. He generally finds himself quite hopeful about the future. He is not particularly interested in what others think of him. He is grateful when others help him out and tries to return favors. He generally acts impartially and is rarely moved to mercy. He has a tendency toward forming deep emotional bonds with others. He has a greedy streak. He occasionally overindulges. He needs alcohol to get through the working day. He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.

`Blaziken the Effervescent' Olinabsam, "`Blaziken the Effervescent' Tongssearched", Suturer

quote:

"I just don't understand these flames of passion people go on about."

He is an ardent worshipper of Deler Umberearthen the Amethyst Silver.

He is a citizen of The Palace of Peace. He is a member of The Creed of Diamond. He is a member of The Frilly Dresses of Smoothness. He arrived at Melbilnil on the 15th of Sandstone in the year 552.

He is seventy-five years old, born on the 7th of Galena in the year 477.

He has loaded a tall body with incredible muscles. His sideburns are clean-shaven. His very long moustache is neatly combed. His long beard is neatly combed. His hair is clean-shaven. His ears are flattened. His nose is narrow. His slightly protruding aquamarine eyes are slightly wide-set. His hair is black. His skin is burnt umber.

He is mighty, but he is susceptible to disease and quite clumsy.

`Blaziken the Effervescent' Olinabsam likes stoneware, rose gold, blue jade, cow hoof, the color aquamarine, cabochons, helms, millstones, spiked balls, mosquitos for their high-pitched buzz and the words of The Plan of Mirth. When possible, he prefers to consume teff beer, flax seeds and rambutans. He absolutely detests cave spiders.

He has very good creativity and willpower, but he has a questionable spatial sense, bad intuition, very bad analytical abilities and next to no empathy.

Like others in his culture, he holds craftsdwarfship to be of the highest ideals and celebrates talented artisans and their masterworks, has a great deal of respect for the law, greatly prizes loyalty, values family greatly, sees friendship as one of the finer things in life, believes that honesty is a high ideal, greatly respects artists and their works, really respects those that take the time to master a skill, values cooperation, respects fair-dealing and fair-play, finds merrymaking and partying worthwhile activities, values martial prowess, values leisure time, respects commerce, values knowledge and finds nature somewhat disturbing. He personally sees working hard as a foolish waste of time. He dreams of creating a great work of art.

He is never the slightest bit cheerful about anything, and he is conflicted by this as he values parties and merrymaking in the abstract. He has a low sense of self-esteem. He feels a strong need to reciprocate any favor done for him. He is a pessimist. He is pleased by his own appearance and talents. He does not easily hate or develop negative feelings. He does not often feel lustful. He likes a little excitement now and then. He is trusting. He is slow to anger. He can handle stress. He tends to be a bit stubborn in changing his mind about things. He has a tendency toward forming deep emotional bonds with others. When he's thinking hard, he has a habit of licking his lips. He needs alcohol to get through the working day. He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time.

So Math fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

So Math posted:

552 Sandstone
Log of Immigration

`Lemniscate' Tholonul, "`Lemniscate' Deepmirrored", Potter

Wow, I'm a total rear end in a top hat, I love it.