Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
FTRYB vs Butcher Blade Bros 59 61.46%
Omega/Man vs PP 3 3.13%
Orange vs Chris 33 34.38%
Archer/Joey 1 1.04%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

CarlCX posted:

The thing with Rache Chanel's gimmick is even if you don't have weird feelings about the racial coding it actively impedes her wrestling to the extent that it would already be tough for someone to pull off if they were really, really good at wrestling, and with all respect in the world to anyone who does this extremely difficult thing, Rache Chanel is very much not good at wrestling.

It's both. I just see her gimmick as a cheap low-effort jobber gimmick. It's so over the top and stupid and one dimensional and she can't even wrestle well to balance it out. If you have an overt gimmick like that, you need to really be able to wrestle and work a crowd, and when you put the shopping obsessive gimmick in the ring with people like Nyla or Shida or Britt or Swole or Kris - they have such depth to their gimmicks and personalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Low effort jobber gimmicks can work but you already have the best low effort jobber gimmick in the world in the company putting on PPV caliber matches with his hands in his pockets and exposing how flawed the rest are.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, if you're good enough you can get low-effort gimmicks over, but this Chanel lady really isn't. Then again she's a jobber on the free youtube show, so it's not like she's taking away anything from anyone either.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"Pointless person who likes to shop" is exactly the same as "pointless person who likes to point at their head and go bwuhuhuhuh". If there's room for one theres room for the other

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
someone should buy this carvel cake and make a luther ice cream cake out of it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There is an element of Babby's First Gimmick about it. Probably works just fine for a low card match in an armory in Dallas where what's important is making an impression and getting through the match. Not really TV suitable as anything more than enhancement, though. Even if she were Hikaru Shida good (and she's not), you'd want to workshop that character and find an element of it that works before you would put her on TV.

Which isn't to say there's nothing usable there. The gimmick idea is, at its core, fashionista, right? So roll with that. Different ring gear each night, with the announcer saying who she's wearing on her way to the ring. Gucci knuckledusters in her bag. A personal security guard who carries the bag for her. It could all work. She'd just have to be really good. Which she isn't, yet.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
feed her to Abadon immediately, in match that would make John Romero proud

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Reality Protester posted:

Match can only be won by tearing your opponent's pulsating heart out of their ribcage and consuming it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lamuella posted:

There is an element of Babby's First Gimmick about it. Probably works just fine for a low card match in an armory in Dallas where what's important is making an impression and getting through the match. Not really TV suitable as anything more than enhancement, though. Even if she were Hikaru Shida good (and she's not), you'd want to workshop that character and find an element of it that works before you would put her on TV.

Which isn't to say there's nothing usable there. The gimmick idea is, at its core, fashionista, right? So roll with that. Different ring gear each night, with the announcer saying who she's wearing on her way to the ring. Gucci knuckledusters in her bag. A personal security guard who carries the bag for her. It could all work. She'd just have to be really good. Which she isn't, yet.

Designer foreign objects is a really good idea. You could even have the referee check her purse before the match.

The most surprising thing about the Nightmare Sisters stuff is that Brandi and Allie used to be terrible wrestlers and now they aren't.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Match can only be won by tearing your opponent's pulsating heart out of their ribcage and consuming it.

AEW Horror Show stipulation.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CombineThresher posted:

Designer foreign objects is a really good idea. You could even have the referee check her purse before the match.

The most surprising thing about the Nightmare Sisters stuff is that Brandi and Allie used to be terrible wrestlers and now they aren't.

drat, maybe Dustin and QT really are great trainers.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW Dynamite Thread for July 15th: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932827

And I am only just now realizing that I forgot to put the TNT movie of the week and a plug for my twitch. Oh well, TNT movie is going to be the Star Trek reboot at 5:15.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I definitely see the improvement with Brandi. She ain't Manami Toyota but she's no longer Jacke Gsyda bad and seems more confident in her movement

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

I can't win this tag match without my good buddy Superfly.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1283503080936558595

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I definitely see the improvement with Brandi. She ain't Manami Toyota but she's no longer Jacke Gsyda bad and seems more confident in her movement

Maybe there's hope for Leva yet!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm glad I'm not the only one who things Rache Chanel sucks. It's not a bad gimmick, but she's bad at doing it. And she's bad in ring too.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Death Match Legends do not age well.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
(Tony K watching tryout footage of Luther sticking his tongue out and pointing at his head) My god, he's still got it

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

CombineThresher posted:

Maybe there's hope for Leva yet!

She did an apron rana on Dark and I really did not think that was something she could do.
Also; should we say anything about Roche Chanel being named after a famous Nazi sympathizer or is that her actual name?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I wouldn't mind seeing PAC take the belt off Mox, who could then drop it to Kenny or Page.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
edit: wrong thread

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

LUCHA BROS

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The competition the company had from NWA for Ricky Starks

quote:

According to Fightful, Ricky Starks didn’t accept a new [NWA] contract offer of $1,000 a month. Zicky Dice was offered $250 a month and passed on that offer. Dice’s deal was originally up for negotiation in September.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Death Match Legends do not age well.

Terry Funk rules.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

The competition the company had from NWA for Ricky Starks

Jesus, gently caress the NWA. Starks rules and isn't Dice their TV Champion or whatever the mid-tier belt is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dynamite Thread
New Discussion Thread.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 16, 2020