Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The future of Take a Hike
This poll is closed.
Move it to YLLS (or similar) 13 76.47%
Move a few threads and shut it down 3 17.65%
Other (post below) 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I would vote houseplant thread in DIY and outdoor plant thread here, because houseplants chat has a tendency to take over that thread to the extent that you end up with nowhere to chat about roses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Jaded Burnout posted:

Oh hey now "apparently possible" is not what I said, I said we'd talked about it :) It would still require an as yet unknown amount of programming, but it's always better to solve policy issues first and technical issues last.

Sorry, I misunderstood!

learnincurve posted:

I would vote houseplant thread in DIY and outdoor plant thread here, because houseplants chat has a tendency to take over that thread to the extent that you end up with nowhere to chat about roses.
That would be my vote too.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah my feeling is it would be better to have outdoor gardening here and houseplants in DIY. The general plants/botany thread definitely makes more sense here than DIY though regardless of what ends up happening with the gardening thread(s).

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Feel free to make one, or I can if you'd prefer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm glad we can have total plant coverage of the various forums. We obviously need an ask/tell thread about plants, I'm pretty sure there's a tree law thread somewhere in the archives to resurrect, and the music subforum can have a thread about robert plant.

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
Thanks for making this more visible! I've been getting more into camping the last few years, and had no idea there was a forum section for it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

You're welcome. With out new posting buddies from ylls joining us, it looks like we have a decent amount of activity happening. It makes me happy. :kimchi:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Is there anyone you want to give IK training wheels to for a bit with an eye towards having new mod friends? Any stand outs doing good jobs building the community etc?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Durr wrong forum

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

Durr wrong forum

The best admins, highly qualified, much skill. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Unpinning this. Reorganizational type stuff seems to mostly be done and I'd rather use a new thread for future community building type stuff. :toot:

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well, that was fun for a minute, and I guess we got a couple paddling threads out of the deal. See y'all in three years

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Huh?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Apparently someone was expecting a facebook style experience where there's a whole new wall of stuff to read every time you refresh.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Apparently someone was expecting a facebook style experience where there's a whole new wall of stuff to read every time you refresh.

Barf! I was posting about outdoors stuff on facebook yesterday. Facebook sucks! I wish there was a critical mass of posters here instead

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Trying to be the change I want to see. Here's a thread about selfies or whatever

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939083

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Outdoors stuff is often expensive and time consuming. Its not reasonable to expect a constant every day post of someone doing stuff and its going to make this a slower forum by nature. There is some irony in that DIY and AI are going to be the two closest analogues to this. There are threads there with slow but steady updates going back years. Having some active megathreads help, but the best thing to keep this forum going is building a community here. Starting general topic threads, browsing outside your bookmarks, etc. There are plenty of thread ideas floating around, but nobody wanting to make them for various reasons. If you can find a way to encourage that here, I'm all ears. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

:justpost: