Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Woodley’s wrestlefuckery was 100x worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

chaleski posted:

I'm down

Also Rose is gonna win then take the belt from Zhang

time to collect

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Goodnight

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/1282101092315099136?s=19

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

that's two magachuds he's now beaten the poo poo out of

oh lol

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

that's extremely ready for a very dirty photoshop

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I'm never going to get mad at a fight with a clear cut winner like that. I've seen boring fights where neither guy threw anything, at least we figured out who the better fighter is and accomplished something here tonight.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You're addressing the vibrant, young userbase of something awful

i have stairs in my home and know about the goat see slenderman. can one of you please bring me my glass of water?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In eight minutes New Japan starts and will have better fights than anything except Rose and Yan. What a long day.

gently caress Naito.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

i mean, props to usman, but that was a boring rear end stinker. partly masvidal's fault for getting walked down and planting his rear end on the cage and never circling out. but boy, what a dull one

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what the gently caress. has sage replaced protein powder with fake biceps at this point?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Lid posted:

In eight minutes New Japan starts and will have better fights than anything except Rose and Yan. What a long day.

gently caress Naito.

This might shock you to learn but wrestling isn't real :wow:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

JOHN CENA posted:

time to collect

:negative:

J-Ru I'm ready

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

AHH F/UGH posted:

This might shock you to learn but wrestling isn't real :wow:

Oh no whatever will i do with this ingg gu igcf yu c dr ghbh dry hf di j

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

chaleski posted:

:negative:

J-Ru I'm ready

oh no no. i want you to be BRUTalized. with a good Usman gif

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cyber Dog posted:

i mean, props to usman, but that was a boring rear end stinker. partly masvidal's fault for getting walked down and planting his rear end on the cage and never circling out. but boy, what a dull one

Masvidal knew with 6 days notice on a championship fight he gets a free pass on a loss and a fat payday for getting hugged for 25 minutes.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Kamaru snoozeman

Government
Nov 2, 2004
I wish masvidal had full camp but to sum up

straight up brolic posted:

I’m very entertained by Usman absolutely torturing him

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AHH F/UGH posted:

It's Saturday night and it's at latest for you people 1:45 AM what kind of grandpas are you

who the hell are these goofballs not going for a midafternoon nap on a fight night

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Eat This Glob posted:

what the gently caress. has sage replaced protein powder with fake biceps at this point?

does ONE have usada testing?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

shizen posted:

Well Jorge impressed me given everything he went through in the last 6 days. I would be interested in the rematch.

Agreed, he did better than expected.
Please tell me this is fake.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

Please tell me this is fake.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lone Goat posted:

does ONE have usada testing?

Since the first two letters in USADA stands for United States and how much we love to stick our noses in other parts of the world’s affairs I say yes.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Dana says

FOTN: Namajunas vs Andrade
POTN: Prochazka
POTN: Grant

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

LobsterMobster posted:

Dana says

When the egg is right, the egg is right.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

Dana says

and Bisping tko'ing Dan on twitter.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why!?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

He hates Hillary, not a terrible reason, all things considered.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Masvidal is from Florida and has Cuban ancestry. There was always going to be a big chance that he was weird and lovely politically.

They should make him fight Mike Perry next for the title of Ultimate Florida-Man.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yoel/Adesanya was way worse than that

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Masvidal is from Florida and has Cuban ancestry. There was always going to be a big chance that he was weird and lovely politically.

True, but I was hoping since he's under 40 that he would have better political opinions. Cuban's under 40 lean non-Trump.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Yan is more adamant that Sterling is next in line for the title than Dana is.

Also, the last question they asked Yan is if he wants to come visit Abu Dhabi with his family

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Max remains the champ

https://twitter.com/BlessedMMA/status/1282208954467209217

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

So... was Ben Askren just REALLY awful?

Don't fogret that Askren had been retired for like 2 years before suddenly getting in to the UFC by a really weird set of circumstances.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One hit KOs in the opening moments of a fight tell you nothing about how well another fighter would do against another in a protracted fight, realistically speaking.
Aldo vs McGregor back then could have been an absolute barnburner, even if the end result in the theoretical fight longer than 13 seconds turned out the same.
Cain went on to merk JDS for a solid 50 minutes after the 60 second KO.

That's not to minimise achievements of those KOs like Conor and Jorge got.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Even before his retirement, the thing everyone said over and over again was that he was one note, had no layered entries and was not ready for top-tier competition.

Sometimes 'he was never that good' is actually true.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

He got outboxed by Maia and his only opening for takedowns is to hunch over at the waist and run his face forward, that flying knee was a mercy killing, not a fluke.

I don't really want to see what Jorge Masvidal's hands would do to him in a longer fight.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Usman v Masvidal was about as action packed as I expected. I went into Holloway v Volkanovski expecting a repeat of their last match, but Holloway impressed me with his adaptions. I actually thought he won handily but I'll accept the result.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
I don’t understand how anyone watching that fight could be mad about the decision. Max got close but clearly lost on damage and strikes. It was a great fight and imo deserves to be run back immediately, but Max lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

rest his guts posted:

I don’t understand how anyone watching that fight could be mad about the decision. Max got close but clearly lost on damage and strikes. It was a great fight and imo deserves to be run back immediately, but Max lost.

I mean this was the running it back though, how many times are you gonna book the same fight in a row and get the same result? I like Max but I don't think booking this a third time in a row is correct.