Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Twibbit posted:

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-22-page-17

Going to be a long night. Perhaps the radio wasn't Stressa's direct doing but more of poo poo is rought for Anemone right now and its setting everything to fritz?

Does she also run the announcer system?

I don't think we're meant to interpret that as the radio cutting out, it's just how the panels are constructed to convey that Rue and Zoe's conversation is happening concurrently with the announcement.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I don't think we're meant to interpret that as the radio cutting out, it's just how the panels are constructed to communicate that Rue and Zoe's conversation is happening concurrently with the announcement.

Nah, they specifically comment on the sequence of panels not being normal. And given the previous night had the barrier disappear before the announcer and This page showing the normal announcement speech bubbles even with Rue and Zoe talking alongside it. Zoe in panel 2 has her own dialogue cut off with -- so for the current situation, the audio is definitely cutting out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rand Brittain posted:

Those colors belong to the dead members of Team Alchemical.

They're not using them anymore so :shrug:

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Update!

Thin barrier's better than no barrier, I guess.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
I wonder how close we are to the end of the story, with the status quo so shaken.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

isasphere posted:

I wonder how close we are to the end of the story, with the status quo so shaken.

My rough guess is about 30 chapters. But probably not many more in-story days. A lot of pieces are lining up to set up a climax but there's also a lot of mysteries to unpick in it, and that lines up reasonably with the pacing of Kiwi Blitz (right down to the main couple getting together in the middle of the story).

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Less a barrier and more of a thin film

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hope none of the monsters has any windex.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Ablutophobia

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy Little Buggers

The hair bugs disturb me. Also if little monsters can break through that easily, the next mouthburger is just going to wreck poo poo.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Turns out the most effective strategy from team Destroy The City was to shake Anemone's self-confidence. :(

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

isasphere posted:

Turns out the most effective strategy from team Destroy The City was to shake Anemone's self-confidence. :(

"Other people do interstitials now and Tessa even talked cryptically to the camera (or near it), like that's my whole thing! What am I even good for anymore? :("

e: it's been a while since I checked in on the comic and noticed the blue is even getting wiped out from behind the logo! (or maybe it's always been that way and I only now noticed with this plot development)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 19, 2024

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Wow, good eye! I checked the Internet Archive to make sure, and it was a different logo as of the previous update!

The site layout evolving with the story (like the site section icons) is certainly a nice little touch.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

New page

ah geez somebody better tell Rue

Also I wonder if the long blond hair on the creatures might be symbolic somehow. Either of The Woman In White or Stressa's guilt over Sylvia's death manifest.

Chances are they're just long pretty hair monsters but it'd be neat to see Stressa's PTSD manifesting in creatures

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
What a shame that the prettiest barrier so far is like this.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kokoro... CQC is probably not going to help.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ConanThe3rd posted:

Kokoro... CQC is probably not going to help.

Don’t go shattering her worldview like that.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I still think it was a missed opportunity to go with Stressa instead of Gooptessa. :colbert:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bussamove posted:

With a barrier that weak, something is getting shattered.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

In this house HP is the one that does the shattering!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bussamove posted:

That last panel has the look of "don't threaten me with a good time" to me

"We'll have to punch things? Oh noooooo what will we dooooo"

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I like how Undine is doing Iceman slides with her water.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Imagine being disappointed that you have to punch things with your fists for a change.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“Oh woe is me, for I must punch strongly.” Laments Punch Stronggirl before giving another monster tickets to the gunshow.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Re: the last update, just remembered this

:thunk:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-22-page-21

It looks like Undine and HP will find themselves in a hairy situation.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Hair coming from what looks like eye holes...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Ah yes, the J-Horror themed monster.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

When the fears You Will Go Blind / You Will Grow Hair both manifest at the same time.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
That is so viscerally gross.

Also it's a dark reflection of the founder, surely?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Orrr a dark reflection of Sylvie?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

Orrr a dark reflection of Sylvie?

Yeah this was my first thought, the style of hair matches -while not 1:1 - her a lot more than the girl in white
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-3-page-28
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-6-interstitial

long hair usually kept up, but has similar kind of styling. The fact all the monsters look like ponytails, which is how she tended to keep her hair and would look like long strands ifs he let it all down. The specific way her bangs/come over in this panel kinda looks similar too.
And the color matches a little more

vs

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-page-5

Girl in White's hair is long but its not long long, it's poofier and it's more white. Stylistically it's very different.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Oh, good call. Definitely Sylvie.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just one yike.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Could really use a giant pair of scissors right about now...:negative:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

A single yike.

As a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013