Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I can make corrections pretty easy if you catch anymore.

Thanks to all of you and Jeffrey for getting this all done. It's amazing and will help all sortsa people for a long time.

You all rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:therapy: should be tagged with "smith"

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
This is a really cool project and I have to give kudos to everyone who helped out.

But I also have to be a huge-rear end nerd and point out that :thinkdorm: should be tagged "zelda" because that's where it's actually from and "moldorm" because that's its name. It's not from Worms! :arghfist::saddowns:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I was umming and ahhing about having the gang tag because I've always done without gang tags so far and I wasn't sure if it would fit with ~my posting brand~

But I decided I will have it, I'm pleased to be part of the smilie gang.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

This is a really cool project and I have to give kudos to everyone who helped out.

But I also have to be a huge-rear end nerd and point out that :thinkdorm: should be tagged "zelda" because that's where it's actually from and "moldorm" because that's its name. It's not from Worms! :arghfist::saddowns:

specifically, the graphics are taken from A Link To The Past.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Made the suggested changes to smilies.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Thanks!

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

thank you everyone who helped. i was just able to find a smilie i've been looking for for weeks.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

FluffieDuckie posted:

thank you everyone who helped. i was just able to find a smilie i've been looking for for weeks.

You can't leave us hanging. Which one was it?

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

cda posted:

You can't leave us hanging. Which one was it?

:yikes:

I was looking for it for lowtax’s thread.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

can anyone explain the origins of :bagl: ???

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

A bagel (Yiddish: בײגל‎ beygl; Polish: bajgiel), also historically spelled beigel, is a bread product originating in the Jewish communities of Poland. It is traditionally shaped by hand into the form of a ring from yeasted wheat dough, roughly hand-sized, that is first boiled for a short time in water and then baked. The result is a dense, chewy, doughy interior with a browned and sometimes crisp exterior. Bagels are often topped with seeds baked on the outer crust, with the traditional ones being poppy and sesame seeds. Some may have salt sprinkled on their surface, and there are different dough types, such as whole-grain and rye. Bagels are eaten toasted or untoasted.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Who's going to be responsible for tagging new smilies?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Busting a gut laughing
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3484928&pagenumber=154&perpage=40#post503082129

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Hygiene posted:

The Forbidden Smilie

:lmao: I complained about it not loading for me five months ago, and I was confused by it still not showing up in the question today, on a completely new phone and updated app.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

You busted it I guess :bagl:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

:lmao: I complained about it not loading for me five months ago, and I was confused by it still not showing up in the question today, on a completely new phone and updated app.

broken android graphics libraries :bagl:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Midjack posted:

broken android graphics libraries :bagl:

The Android app has animation off by default IIRC, and the first frame is blank.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Charles posted:

The Android app has animation off by default IIRC, and the first frame is blank.

:aaaaa: I'm used to tapping them to make them play, but it somehow never occurred to me because of the blank frame

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

ultrafilter posted:

In another 20 years someone will make a thread like this and will go through the same thing with all the untagged uploaded since now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ultrafilter posted:

People who buy new ones should probably just send a private message with the recommended tags.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ideally the buyer would put the tags in the description at time of purchase but there will probably have to be a periodic residual tagging effort as new ones come in.

If possible a note on the store purchase page could suggest that but I don’t know how big a disruption it is to modify the store at all.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Midjack posted:

Ideally the buyer would put the tags in the description at time of purchase but there will probably have to be a periodic residual tagging effort as new ones come in.

If possible a note on the store purchase page could suggest that but I don’t know how big a disruption it is to modify the store at all.
I haven't set up version control or sane deployment scripts for the store but it's not crazy to change small stuff.

The store is based on TITAN which is funny. It lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Athanatos posted:

In another 20 years someone will make a thread like this and will go through the same thing with all the untagged uploaded since now.

In the meantime, should the uncategorized be categorized so it's easier to find which new smilies need tagging?