Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your intended console version
PS4
PS5
Both - Oberst is a Moron Option
View Results

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I am legit trying MUT this year and its sucked so far mostly due to lack of content.

Also establishing a decent team from the get go made the entire first round of content irrelevant outside a handful of cards. You can smoke fools with a team of Diamonds and Builders. And several are still the best at their position.

Adaleus Thomas and Asante Samuel specifically.

Really the superstars promo first half was nice, highly reccomend grinding the solos for Lamar 89 and keep lockett plus the corner.

I did Honeybadger too but just for his FS slot. Only 86 speed but his abilities are clutch and with the cards that are out 86 speed is....servicable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Mut loving sucks

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
You literally can't start a franchise with real life rosters right now. Haven't been able to all weekend.

gently caress, this is the worst this game has been in a while and somehow it keeps breaking more.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The one year I got into mut I hated playing the games. It was fun being one of the only people in a market who understood markets though.

It kind of helped me understand how people who have more money than God can still get busted for insider trading or price fixing, tbh.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I picked up Madden 21 and tried the "Face of a Franchise" mode.

Holy poo poo this writing is bad.

Rival:

Grr! You took my spot! Even though I have a heart condition and shouldn't be playing at all.

You are actually doing pretty good. Im going to WR to help the team.

We're the heart break twins! We're great together!

Grr! You took my spot and Im still mad about it, even though we won state! Im competing against you in college!

Grr! There switching us around!

Oof my heart went out during the National Championship. You've got my back right? Yeah were Brothers.

Edit: Also after all of this, the coach sits you down and tell yous there going with your Rival next year. And your options are A.) Go to the draft and be a late round pick, B.) Change positions.

The whole time I was screaming your a senior in your 4th year! You didn't get red shirted, fuckin transfer!

I mean the Madden Story in 18-19 wasn't great, but at least they were consistent with their tone. Im getting whiplash with how much this bounces around.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 15, 2020

Oberst
May 24, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

You literally can't start a franchise with real life rosters right now. Haven't been able to all weekend.

gently caress, this is the worst this game has been in a while and somehow it keeps breaking more.

Made an online one yesterday with no issues unless this was confined to last week

SASFL is back baby (with a 30% smaller player base lol EA)!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is this worth it for $34 from PS Store for a casual player who only plays offline Franchise Mode (would probably either play as the Browns or Saints) and hasn't played a Madden since '16?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

If you're not playing in the goon league then I would describe buying this game as bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It feels weird playing the 2020 season and the stadiums are packed with spectators.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is this worth it for $34 from PS Store for a casual player who only plays offline Franchise Mode (would probably either play as the Browns or Saints) and hasn't played a Madden since '16?

I think so! But I am going to join the Goon League too.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Is there room in the league

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah there's spots. We're still on ps4 as the main league this year due to obvious reasons. We actually just go to the divisional round for season one of the week 1 roster league - which I can now post an image of because the game now has basic franchise functions like a playoff picture lol

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Sir is there a thread where I may read and perhaps apply

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Oops sorry forgot to check this. Didn't even make a franchise thread this year, everything is in the madden goons discord

https://discord.gg/XtFJmqqjpQ

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Madden next gen update is out now for PS5 and Series X. 55GB for ever so slightly better load times, and a worst playbook UI lmao. This is a really pathetic update that changes nothing.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i'm kind of impressed they found a way to make the playbooks worse

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Is this the only madden thread on the forums? Didn’t really want to resurrect a dead thread, but myself and several other friends wanted to do our own little madden championship, drafting our own franchise teams. Is the only way to really do this through fantasy draft/invite them to an online franchise and then force the CPU teams to lose against player teams?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

T-Square posted:

Is this the only madden thread on the forums? Didn’t really want to resurrect a dead thread, but myself and several other friends wanted to do our own little madden championship, drafting our own franchise teams. Is the only way to really do this through fantasy draft/invite them to an online franchise and then force the CPU teams to lose against player teams?

Commissioners can force losses for any team, including player controlled.

Other than that, yea i don't think there's any faster workaround.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Commissioners can force losses for any team, including player controlled.

Other than that, yea i don't think there's any faster workaround.

Yep this what you have to do

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/1346486827897810945

idk if i'm ready tbh

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Its some yard content or whatever lol

Oberst
May 24, 2010

https://gamerant.com/madden-nfl-21-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-march-2021/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Probably too hopeful, but hoping this will be a yearly thing where going forward, Madden NFL will be added to Game Pass right away or soon after release.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I said come in! posted:

Probably too hopeful, but hoping this will be a yearly thing where going forward, Madden NFL will be added to Game Pass right away or soon after release.

EA always releases Madden on EA Play around the Super Bowl. Last season they did it before the Super Bowl.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah it absolutely won't ever be anything besides $60 madden release

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

they released a franchise patch to work on trade logic, and in the process admitted how godawful it was:

- you got a bonus for trading someone in the "first year" of their contract, even if it was a one-year deal (hence why free agents made such great trade bait)
- you got a bonus if the player you were trading away was a starter on your depth chart, even if they weren't deserving of the spot
- high OVR/dev players that did not match the team archetype "did not have value"

nevertheless, can't wait for NCAA 23.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Setting up my madden mock draft to help my trades

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I bet they didnt even touch the trade logic within the draft and you can still end up with 40+ picks just from trading down.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

I bet they didnt even touch the trade logic within the draft and you can still end up with 40+ picks just from trading down.

they in fact made the CPU even more generous on giving you picks trading down

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The QB's in Madden still look weird and hunched over.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

lol they used a tiktok meme song in one of their videos.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

jabro posted:

lol they used a tiktok meme song in one of their videos.

i also was slowly repeating "oh no" to myself over and over as i watched the trailer, complete with the exact same repeating stadium banners from the PS2 era

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I saw somewhere that they're planning a patch a couple months after the game comes out where they actually change scouting and it's going to be the exact same as the previous year until then. So I guess see y'all a couple of months after it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

I saw somewhere that they're planning a patch a couple months after the game comes out where they actually change scouting and it's going to be the exact same as the previous year until then. So I guess see y'all a couple of months after it comes out.

can't wait to either restart my franchise with every patch or have the changes be so minimal that i am not required to