Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ranked, no particular criteria, vote your gut
Bell - Ball
Bell - Boot
Bell - Bone
Ball - Bell
Ball - Boot
Ball - Bone
Boot - Bell
Boot - Ball
Boot - Bone
Bone - Bell
Bone - Ball
Bone - Boot
View Results

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

What the hell Cholesterol Clubhouse? Five months - not bereft of McNugget and general chicken byproduct discussion - and you haven't even reached this essential popcultural touchstone?

First page of Google, spliced posted:

In a video produced by McDonald's Canada that shows exactly how Chicken McNuggets are made, we learned that the nuggets come in four distinct shapes: The bell, the ball, the boot, and the bow tie (also called the bone).

We went digging for the reasoning behind the shapes and here's what we found. The spokesman said: "The four shapes we make Chicken McNuggets in was the perfect equilibrium of "dipability" and fun."

"Three would've been too few. Five would've been, like, wacky."

"Our Chicken McNuggets are shaped uniquely for kids and kids at heart. Plus, we think it makes dipping all the more fun," he continued.
Something I've always found interesting to think about with McNuggets is how they only became widely available in 1983. For such a staple fast-food item it's surprising to see such a recent origin. I mean they're only like... forty years... old... hmm

Daikloktos fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

your poll makes no sense. is each one what we consider the top 2 or what

anyway the best one is the boot, that little nub holds the most sauce on it

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Yeah that's why I said "Ranked" and included them listed bothways. Really you're right, I could have just made the poll for the number two slot behind the boot but you never know what people might have to say

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

superior nugget shapes

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The boot is the best shape, everyone knows that

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Its shaped like Louisiana you fools.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Are we also in agreement the worst is the ball and its weak structural integrity

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
You can't discount the bell. When you have the sauce cup and there's just a little left you need that taper to really get into the corners.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Boot supremacy

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

The boot is the best shape, everyone knows that

it's clearly the most fun. it's like going for a swim!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Bum the Sad posted:

Boot supremacy
:hai:

I pretend I'm a giant and eating Italy.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Mud Shark posted:

You can't discount the bell. When you have the sauce cup and there's just a little left you need that taper to really get into the corners.
The tapered ends of the boot and the bell are maximally dipable, however in the scenario you describe one can't discount the tactile fun of dunking a blunt nug into the depths of a paper cup as it deforms. I'm glad to see this thread not getting caught up on either one side of the dialectic

Daikloktos fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 19, 2020

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
the ball is bullshit that doesn't fit into the dipping cups

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Jenny Agutter posted:

superior nugget shapes

I was going to say stars but this is the correct answer.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

chickens are dinosaurs is the crazy thing

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Goast posted:

the ball is bullshit that doesn't fit into the dipping cups
Thank you! Did nobody do the secant math on these things?

But on the other hand I'm glad McDonalds still uses cups instead of moving to what are more like tiny sauce bowls. I want to dip, not dredge

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
going in to a McDonald's and yelling at the 16 year old at the counter BOOTS ONLY. I WANT BOOTS ONLY FOR MY 20 PIECE.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

TheAardvark posted:

going in to a McDonald's and yelling at the 16 year old at the counter BOOTS ONLY. I WANT BOOTS ONLY FOR MY 20 PIECE.
I wonder if I asked at my old job if they'd do me a ten piece when they're slow. I always like the places that will advertise cooking them hot at certain times, and also ten cent burgers

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Daikloktos fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 27, 2020

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

boot bone crew checking in

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Stars and strips.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I've worked at McDonald's and I've ate them my whole life. All the nuggets, thousands upon thousands, and i never noticed they were consistent shapes. What else have I been missing?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

World Famous W posted:

I've worked at McDonald's and I've ate them my whole life. All the nuggets, thousands upon thousands, and i never noticed they were consistent shapes. What else have I been missing?!

hopefully not stoplights and poo poo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!