Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Doom Mathematic posted:

I shut my computer down every night, when I'm not using it.

same but my brain and every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you don’t wake yourself up by dropping your phone on your face from falling asleep from late night shitposting

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
the sound of a computer fan spinning down to a dead stop, without that possibly imagined, barely perceptible whine of the volatile ram being refreshed for sleep mode, is sweet release. You are at rest. The digital you has departed. It's just you.

except for the phone in your pocket listening for the voice assistant cue, ready to beam your idle desires to a remote datacenter, of course.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I have just rebooted a pile of Linux servers MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
when it is sleep time i go around my home and smash all my electricity using appliances with a hammer until all the wires and motors and springs are in a heap on the ground, and then i strip naked and walk into the woods and just walk and walk and walk until i can walk no more, safe in the knowledge that i will wake up in my bed and find my computer and toaster restored groundhog day style, and log into zoom again for more computering

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

when it is sleep time i go around my home and smash all my electricity using appliances with a hammer until all the wires and motors and springs are in a heap on the ground, and then i strip naked and walk into the woods and just walk and walk and walk until i can walk no more, safe in the knowledge that i will wake up in my bed and find my computer and toaster restored groundhog day style, and log into zoom again for more computering

it just works

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i turned on my computer which is like half of a restart

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you have a computer in a box, and when you push the power button a random number generator is initiated that will restart the computer when it arrives at a certain value. the computer is both on and off until you look at the monitor

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

President Beep posted:

until you look at the monitor

oh god please no

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

i watch youtube on my tv so it's impossible to block ads. I gave in and bought the premium sub to get rid of them :(

edit: yes, i tried the pi hole. worthless for youtube

is there any reason they haven't made Youtube Vanced for android TVs yet?

it's installed on my phone and its the greatest fuckin thing ever

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

you have a computer in a box, and when you push the power button a random number generator is initiated that will restart the computer when it arrives at a certain value. the computer is both on and off until you look at the monitor

let me tell you about my mother

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/etthq/status/1304339448818089984?s=20

worthless. it took like 4 minutes. and then bombarded me with edge and some other poo poo.

rated 1/10

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yospos

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

echinopsis posted:

https://twitter.com/etthq/status/1304339448818089984?s=20

worthless. it took like 4 minutes. and then bombarded me with edge and some other poo poo.

rated 1/10

big fan of edging, echi?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lonarfin about how much shame I felt when I let my computer get the better of me

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

turned my desktop off for the night

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:negative:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Every day I finish work and open-palm slam the "reset" button on my PC.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Every day I finish work and open-palm slam the "reset" button on my PC.

same but the turbo buttton

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The real losers are the poor fools who buy so-called Philips screwdrivers. It's a screwdriver. That only works for half the screws versus a regular screwdriver.

"Congratulations, you played yourself" (as the kids say these days).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Ayyyyy, I'm restartin' here!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

in deus ex, the smart lockpick uses nanotechnology to automatically form the required key shape when you stick it into the keyhole. we should have screwdrivers that work like that.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

in deus ex, the smart lockpick uses nanotechnology to automatically form the required key shape when you stick it into the keyhole. we should have screwdrivers that work like that.
Universal socket wrench things (with grids of spring-loaded pins) are sort of like a primitive version of that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

echinopsis posted:

lol if you don’t wake yourself up by dropping your phone on your face from falling asleep from late night shitposting

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there are no screens in my bedroom

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

I think tubular lock impressing tools are exactly that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHlgjO3ueaM&t=161s

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
18.3 day uptime on my telephone :smugmrgw:

e: on an anroid - not a bd otherwise

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Tried to upgrade debian on a production server and it thoroughly hosed up I don't think we'll ever reboot it or it won't start again

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
My dad turns off his computer by pulling the plug at the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004