Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've found one of the best things to do on a date is to open a lady's fortune cookie for her and crack it without asking. Hand her the pieces back so she can graze on them or whatever females do with them and then ask if she needs you to read her the printout if you're not sure she'd be able to understand it.
Doing this really shows off how strong you are, like the dragons on your over shirt. But also soft and caring, like your anime body life pillow partner, which she's now ready to learn about before you make any further "commitments" for the evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

my theory is vanilla wafers are just fortune cookie batter processed in a different shape

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

no for now it is me who is trapped help

how much do they pay you? i saw a spot in the paper about fortune cookie slaves for hire and its either that or i keep working from home

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
One time I got a fortune that said "One day man could live on moon :)" complete with the smiley. Nice thought, sure, but I was hoping for something a little more personal. This is just as much your fortune as it is mine, fortune cookie guy!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tom Gorman posted:

my theory is vanilla wafers are just fortune cookie batter processed in a different shape

I recall reading that the origin of fortune cookies was basically someone tried to make a cookie in california or such and no one liked it so then they turned it into a gimmick with a twist of racism and stereotypes regarding eastern mysticism.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I went to the factory in San Francisco where those things are made. Man that place was tiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nty1R8qZ4QM&t=29s

I have been here and yes it is.

Kinda tasty if you get 'em warm, though.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

I once got one that said "your previous fortune was wrong." I can't remember the one before it and it haunts me to this day.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Not only do the cookies themselves taste like poo poo, apparently none of the American Chinese takeout food source companies bother to print actual fortunes in the drat things. They used to have stuff like, "You will inherit lots of money" or "gonna gently caress soon", then it became mostly platitudes, and now its just poo poo like "people admire your lawn" or "Joy leads to Happiness"

gently caress that. I had Chinese Takeout tonight for dinner and the cookie said "Time is the wisest counselor". LAME

in bed

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 22, 2020

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
UCB showed how dangerous it is to get bad fortunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m22L1XllRg

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I got one once that said "now is a good time to learn about insects."

So do you have crabs?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I've always been partial to this gem.

this one is kinda profound. i used to hate phrases like "it is what it is", or "such is life"/"c'est la vie" when i was younger because of their seemingly self evident emptiness. but as i grow older there is a certain comfort in simply accepting the nature of some things, rather than always seeking understanding or change, especially of things that ultimately don't really matter. this fortune is kinda like "water is wet, what the gently caress did you expect?", which again can sound trite, but can be profound for someone deliberately hiding the truth from themselves. like a woman in an abusive relationship who thinks she can change the man, or someone who takes their brz to a track thinking they are even going to beat a miata. you know, it's just an orange, it's not gonna produce champagne, and your brz is a slow car that looks fast. an appeal to live in the real world rather than some idyllic fantasy world where subaru still builds competitive motorsport machines

anyway im really stoned, thanx for reading my post about the bad and boring "sports" car that toyota and subaru build for some reason

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this one is kinda profound. i used to hate phrases like "it is what it is", or "such is life"/"c'est la vie" when i was younger because of their seemingly self evident emptiness. but as i grow older there is a certain comfort in simply accepting the nature of some things, rather than always seeking understanding or change, especially of things that ultimately don't really matter. this fortune is kinda like "water is wet, what the gently caress did you expect?", which again can sound trite, but can be profound for someone deliberately hiding the truth from themselves. like a woman in an abusive relationship who thinks she can change the man, or someone who takes their brz to a track thinking they are even going to beat a miata. you know, it's just an orange, it's not gonna produce champagne, and your brz is a slow car that looks fast. an appeal to live in the real world rather than some idyllic fantasy world where subaru still builds competitive motorsport machines

anyway im really stoned, thanx for reading my post about the bad and boring "sports" car that toyota and subaru build for some reason

I'm incredibly high right now too and I feel you since sometimes the simplest kernels of wisdom are the most valuable and life re-affirming.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zer0spunk posted:

i just got a targeted ad for this, thanks a lot thread

https://getublock.com/

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tom Gorman posted:

fortune cookies usually have orange flavoring tho

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

gleebster posted:

You'll admire the sentiment later.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I dated someone whose dad had a weird thing about fortune cookies. He would not look at his fortune or let anyone else look at it. During that part of Chinese dining where everyone shares what their dumb cookie paper says, he would refuse to participate. He would eat the cookie, and crumple up the fortune, drawing everyone’s attention to his unique superstition that he also refused to explain.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I've always been partial to this gem.

gently caress its so true

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

big dyke energy posted:

gently caress its so true

Chinese wisdom baby. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Ralph Hurley posted:

I dated someone whose dad had a weird thing about fortune cookies. He would not look at his fortune or let anyone else look at it. During that part of Chinese dining where everyone shares what their dumb cookie paper says, he would refuse to participate. He would eat the cookie, and crumple up the fortune, drawing everyone’s attention to his unique superstition that he also refused to explain.

if i ever get to eat inside a chinese place again with other humans, i'm stealing this. 100% going to act outraged before crumpling it up though