Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ZARDOZ?
GUN
PENIS
ZARDOZ
GOKU
View Results

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Lol that pubic bush

in the 2200s they gave up on manscaping

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Connery’s post Bond fall was pretty hard. He really didn’t recover until “The Last Crusade”.

“Sword of the Valiant” and “Time Bandits” are other movies of this caliber of not ambition.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

sudonim posted:

Lol that pubic bush

in the 2200s they gave up on manscaping
Balls still looking smooth

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Automatic Slim posted:

Connery’s post Bond fall was pretty hard. He really didn’t recover until “The Last Crusade”.

“Sword of the Valiant” and “Time Bandits” are other movies of this caliber of not ambition.

I haven't seen sword of the valiant but it looks like he just wanted to make awesome movies for fun.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If you want to see a bad Connery movie, check out 1979's Meteor. On the plus side, you get to hear him talk about his rear end to Karl Malden, threaten a Coast Guard officer, and call Martin Landau an rear end in a top hat.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uLkiGdtLM

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Weka posted:

I haven't seen sword of the valiant but it looks like he just wanted to make awesome movies for fun.

Didn't realize it was about Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

drat, when this COVID poo poo is over, I'm gonna have to host a bad Sean Connery movie night and line this poo poo up: Sword of the Valiant, Zardoz, Meteor, Highlander II, maybe even toss MST3K's Operation Double 007 in there.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the opening is what everyone remembers about zardoz, but my favorite part is the ending.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Ending related chat: when that music started blaring in just the same way during the epilogue of The King's Speech, I couldn't stop laughing for a solid minute. Like, was every member of the crew in on the joke or did no one remember Zardoz?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Roumba posted:

Ending related chat: when that music started blaring in just the same way during the epilogue of The King's Speech, I couldn't stop laughing for a solid minute. Like, was every member of the crew in on the joke or did no one remember Zardoz?

John Boorman quote: "Um, it was the 70’s, and I was doing a lot of drugs. Frankly, even I’m not entirely sure what parts of the movie are about."

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Roumba posted:

Eh, the Allegretto from Beethoven's 7th has been used in enough movies and TV shows that it's probably not going to be specifically associated with Zardoz.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:siren:spoiler alert:siren:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Loden Taylor posted:

Eh, the Allegretto from Beethoven's 7th has been used in enough movies and TV shows that it's probably not going to be specifically associated with Zardoz.

Quite true.
I guess it didn't stand out as much in those other works, so, to me, British Film + Played over Ending Scene was enough to activate some of those neurons that are forever devoted to Zardoz while the rest were jumping to conclusions.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Watched for the first time last night. I will never be the same.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Watched for the first time last night. I will never be the same.

:lol:

Congrats. Now watch Exorcist 2.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

the 70s owned

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zardoz is an absolute mess of a movie that I dearly love and for a film that opens with a mustache rear end in a top hat telling you the plot like a big budget Plan 9 and a gun vomiting head in a lawless waste it ends with a weirdly tender timelapse husband and wife couple dying.

Its weird and I love its completely earnest weirdness

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

:aaaaa:

LabyaMynora posted:

John Boorman quote: "Um, it was the 70’s, and I was doing a lot of drugs. Frankly, even I’m not entirely sure what parts of the movie are about."

High minded drug addicts are the worst.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gonna eat some green bread and make anyone who breaks the social rules be perpetually old and smooth brained.

Also, what was the origin of the Vortex?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Barudak posted:

Zardoz is an absolute mess of a movie that I dearly love and for a film that opens with a mustache rear end in a top hat telling you the plot like a big budget Plan 9 and a gun vomiting head in a lawless waste it ends with a weirdly tender timelapse husband and wife couple dying.

Its weird and I love its completely earnest weirdness

:hmmyes:

Zardoz owns.

I saw it for the first time a few years back and thought it was loving awesome. After the first 10 minutes it went in a completely different direction than I was expecting, but I was like "oh okay it's gonna be this then" and it still owned.

I feel bad for the goons who haven't seen it and are getting it spoiled in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
after all these years of knowing about it i finally watched it last night, and i dunno if it was better or worse than i expected. i was certainly too sober for the experience though.