Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Telebite posted:

You have to go poo or pee, but, you are not at home. You are at work, school, or some place familiar only in the dream, or someplace unfamiliar, like a mall.

Every place you look to try to find a bathroom, either:

1 - There is a line or way too many people inside and you can't find an unoccupied toilet

2 - The bathroom has "open" toilets that aren't urinals in the middle of the bathroom so if you go everyone will see you from all directions and there are a lot of people in the bathroom

3 - The bathroom is so filthy and dirty that it's impossible to use a toilet, especially if you have to poo.

4 - Related to the above, the bathroom is crowded, and there are some clean stalls but they are occupied, and the only open ones are the filthiest toilets you ever saw with poo or pee overflowing out of the toilet like a big fountain so there's no way you're going in

So you wake up and couldn't pee or poo, and you really have to pee or poo, or, maybe not?

Sometimes, in the dream, you can actually find a place to pee or poo, but when you do, somehow the pee or poo gets all over your pants or clothes, or your underpants and your pants disappear, and now you walk out and everyone can see you and your pee and/or poo pants, or maybe you have to leave while you're peeing (because someone walks in to your stall or something) and you hurry out and everyone can see you as you try to find a new place to pee or poo, but, you're still peeing or pooing and can't stop.

Ever dream that?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
for me its always in this really dingy swimming pool change room with coarse tiled floors covered in mildew, exposed rusty pipes weaving around in the middle of the room, and i'm always having to take a gigantic piss in what seems to be some overflowing trough or basin of some kind and i always wake up from it on the verse of pissing myself

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i was a lovely college student so I constantly have this nightmare of like, showing up to class after not attending for 2 months, trying to figure out what assignments I can do to make up, being completely unsure if im graduating

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

20 Blunts posted:

i was a lovely college student so I constantly have this nightmare of like, showing up to class after not attending for 2 months, trying to figure out what assignments I can do to make up, being completely unsure if im graduating

The other night I had a dream that I had to go back to high school because it turns out that I didn’t graduate and I needed two weeks of classes to finish but all the high schools were full so I had to be in first grade. I’m 36 years old.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

Metaline posted:

I dream about huge, badly designed public bathrooms where the toilets are completely full of poop or overflowing or the doors don’t close or the stalls are too small to fit inside. I have these dreams a lot. What do they mean OP

Oh yeah I have these. There are these vast bathrooms with walls full of those trough style urinals and badly designed stalls, sometimes with squishy poo on the urine slicked floor. In these dreams there is always a secret bathroom somewhere else in the building that I know exists but it's a pain to get to, and sometimes I take a wrong turn and have to make my way through the badly designed smelly bathrooms for some reason. Unless you are kidding in which case I made that all up and don't have these dreams at all haha.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

20 Blunts posted:

I wasn’t a bad student but I still have this dream constantly like 15 years later

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Metaline posted:

The other night I had a dream that I had to go back to high school because it turns out that I didn’t graduate and I needed two weeks of classes to finish but all the high schools were full so I had to be in first grade. I’m 36 years old.

I recently had a dream that I was in high school and didn't know that I had a math class right after lunch until more than halfway through the semester. I went into the class for the first time and had to stand in front of the entire class and introduce myself and apologize and explain that I honestly didn't realize I had that class at that time - like, that was part of the deal to allow me to finish out the semester and have a chance at passing.

I'm 39.

Man, school really fucks people up!

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Telebite posted:

You have to go poo or pee, but, you are not at home. You are at work, school, or some place familiar only in the dream, or someplace unfamiliar, like a mall.

1 - There is a line or way too many people inside and you can't find an unoccupied toilet

2 - The bathroom has "open" toilets that aren't urinals in the middle of the bathroom so if you go everyone will see you from all directions and there are a lot of people in the bathroom

3 - The bathroom is so filthy and dirty that it's impossible to use a toilet, especially if you have to poo.

4 - Related to the above, the bathroom is crowded, and there are some clean stalls but they are occupied, and the only open ones are the filthiest toilets you ever saw with poo or pee overflowing out of the toilet like a big fountain so there's no way you're going in

So you wake up and couldn't pee or poo, and you really have to pee or poo, or, maybe not?

Sometimes, in the dream, you can actually find a place to pee or poo, but when you do, somehow the pee or poo gets all over your pants or clothes, or your underpants and your pants disappear, and now you walk out and everyone can see you and your pee and/or poo pants, or maybe you have to leave while you're peeing (because someone walks in to your stall or something) and you hurry out and everyone can see you as you try to find a new place to pee or poo, but, you're still peeing or pooing and can't stop.

Ever dream that?

Yep, I've had exactly this dream at least a dozen times. I wonder what hosed up neural synapse we share that causes this.

Metaline posted:

I dream about huge, badly designed public bathrooms where the toilets are completely full of poop or overflowing or the doors don’t close or the stalls are too small to fit inside. I have these dreams a lot. What do they mean OP

And this, usually its the same as the previous dream

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i just had a school dream last night! it was a math class and i couldn't do a single problem and the longer i took, the more crowded the classroom would get. they were all PEMDAS problems too

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i have a dream sometime where i'm back in high school and i cant remember my locker combo. ...also real time has elapsed so my homework is 20 years late.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I get worried when I hear people talk about dreams 'meaning things'.

For example, folks talking about their school dreams here, might you have some repressed social anxiety or specific fears about education or something being shown by these dreams? Maybe.
Is it probable that you're just experiencing some stress or another factor in your life at some time around those dreams that cause them to happen in relation to them. Yeah.

Do people read WAY too much into that poo poo? Totally :( I've heard people make major decisions or offer up dreams to their counselors for interpretation on, and while yea, it might indicate an overall level of stress, being like "I dreamed of Johnny riding a motorcycle that looked like a banana split, again, I think it's time to sell the house" freaks me out.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dreams don't have "meanings" like a prophecy, but they are a reflection of what you're experiencing and thinking, and they can be interpreted pretty reliably.

Repeated dreams about your teeth falling out? You're worried about losing control and power. 4 billion years of evolution have cemented in our brains that our ability to bite things is our ability to affect the world around us.

tsaofen
May 20, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

Dreams don't have "meanings" like a prophecy, but they are a reflection of what you're experiencing and thinking, and they can be interpreted pretty reliably.

Am I the only person who has a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of Sun God robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickes at you?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

tsaofen posted:

Am I the only person who has a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of Sun God robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickes at you?

no no one's ever made that joke before where's this one going I wanna hear.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I dream of giants falling from the clouds and wrecking havoc on the countrysides, op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

tsaofen posted:

I'm so sorry about your dream. Dealing with one pick is enough but a vast plenitude???

tsaofen
May 20, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm so sorry about your dream. Dealing with one pick is enough but a vast plenitude???

Aw geez oh dang! I made a typo! My clever joke from an 80's movie has been ruined! I'm gonna leave it there for posterity. People need to know about the dangers of hubris.

Now I'm pondering the immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

Edit: I'll not just be a gadfly and actually participate:

For me the worst dreams are the ones where I have been invited on a trip by my friends or family, and they're all ready to go and I'm trying to pack a bag or get ready and there's always one more thing I desperately need but can't find, or I can't remember how to tie my shoes, or some other thing that seems mundane and in real life I would just ignore - but it turns me into a total mess because I'm about to be left behind...which just makes it worse.

Used to have sleep paralysis a lot, too. But then I made sure not to sleep on my back anymore and that cleared up for the most part.

tsaofen fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 26, 2020

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Every time I need to piss in a dream I usually get to a suitable pissing spot, but then something in the dream happens to prevent me emptying my bladder.

I assume this is my brain creating dream-state reasons for my bladder muscles not to let go and piss the bed.

I have limited lucid dreaming capability, so when this happens it's usually enough to make me tell myself to wake up and go take a leak.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

LabyaMynora posted:

I recently had a dream that I was in high school and didn't know that I had a math class right after lunch until more than halfway through the semester. I went into the class for the first time and had to stand in front of the entire class and introduce myself and apologize and explain that I honestly didn't realize I had that class at that time - like, that was part of the deal to allow me to finish out the semester and have a chance at passing.

I'm 39.

Man, school really fucks people up!

:agreed:

I've dreamt number 3 plenty of times op.

Also I used to have a dream where I would suddenly 'remember' a piece of work I was supposed to submit which I wouldn't be able to get my HSC if I didn't get (HSC is year 12 in :australia:). I'd panic like gently caress it's so overdue, man I'm in trouble!

I graduated high school in 1998 :psyduck:

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Last night I dreamt about a three eyed woman sucking the souls out of people’s faces in a hotel. It was very graphic. A decapitated child’s head was on an RC car, still very much alive.

Then I awoke (not really) but several very bright and very loud bombs went off inside, showering my apartment with glass as I hid under the coffee table.

My Talkspace therapist said I should buy a dream catcher so I blocked her

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Professor Shark posted:

I dream of giants falling from the clouds and wrecking havoc on the countrysides, op

i hope they're sexy girl giants!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I dreamt last night that I was looking at a book of playboy and penthouse centerfolds, but whilst I was jerking it it turned into anime. Quite the nightmare, glad I woke up before I finished.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
It wasn't a dream, but once I really had to piss and was at this gross bar. The single toilet was clogged and overflowing with poo poo and piss.

I was concerned about splash and further overflow if I had to piss into this mess. I just pissed on the floor next to it instead.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

I had a pretty good nightmare last night.

They finally made a new Hellraiser. It was directed by Clive Barker and was Hellraiser 3, and was a sequel to 1 and 2 ignoring everything else. They did the face mapping thing to put young Doug Bradley's face on an actor to make him look like he did in the 80's.

It turned out it was like the most disturbing movie ever made. The majority of the movie was just the cenobytes chasing main characters all over hell and repeatedly catching them and torturing them for the whole movie.

It was released in theaters and on disc at the same time. There was a limited edition "boxed set", only 100 were made, and it came in a refrigerator sized box and contained over 1,000 discs, retailing at $1,699.99. Each disc was apparently a narrative of one single character being tortured for two hours in hell by the cenobytes.

Pretty cool nightmare!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Metaline posted:

Same

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Telebite posted:

Ever dream that?
I never dream about toilets and things like that op. How do you feel about that type of humor?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I deeply resonate with almost all the dreams ITT and it's freaking me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

EorayMel posted:

I deeply resonate with almost all the dreams ITT and it's freaking me out
Take a handful of Benadryl and that will contextualize things