Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I'd be trying:
- hail mary with vice grips on the remaining bit sticking out
- drilling the whole thing out and using as low profile as possible a bolt/nut combo in place of the threaded hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009

vikingstrike posted:

Use the BCD at the bottom. 120/90. Then just buy whatever size rings you want (52/36 etc)

Thanks, do the bolts come with the chainrings, or is that something I have to order separately?

I'm guessing that spider is stuffed because of the missing bolt, do I just need to find a BB30 compatible spider?

Sticky Date fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 23, 2024

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

You might be able to use a dremel tool or a hacksaw to put a slot into the nub and use a screwdriver on it.

Edit: Responded to the wrong OP.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sticky Date posted:

Thanks, do the bolts come with the chainrings, or is that something I have to order separately?

I'm guessing that spider is stuffed because of the missing bolt, do I just need to find a BB30 compatible spider?

Might want to check but generally I don’t think bolts come with. You may be able to reuse what you have though. Bottom bracket doesn’t have anything to do with rings. Bottom bracket is related to the crank itself fitting on your frame. The BCD tell you the bolt order and spacing needing to fit rings to the crank.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
The spider is specific to those cannondale cranks. Chainrings bolts are usually pretty generic so you probably don't need anything specific for those rings. Kind of a weird bolt pattern for road rings though so if you can't find some another option would be to get direct mount cannondale chainrings that don't use a separate spider but those cost more.

https://www.cannondale.com/en-us/gear/components/cranks-and-chainrings/chainrings/hollowgram-spidering-8-arm

you need a special tool to remove the crank arms from the spindle that goes through the bottom bracket as well as one to remove and install the spider. Although I think the spider lockring tool is some sort of a more generic BB tool. And the crank arm tool is basically just two threaded plugs that create an extractor.