Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

food court bailiff posted:

you suck and I hope you get your idiot brain fixed

Sorry to offend you???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

OMFG FURRY posted:

also discourages people from processing morning glory seeds.

no need to process just eat'em straight

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
I figure this is just a brushing scam but it would be darkly hilarious if China has finally weaponized the stupidity of Americans.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Pekinduck posted:

I figure this is just a brushing scam but it would be darkly hilarious if China has finally weaponized the stupidity of Americans.

the reverse opium wars

the dopium wars....

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It puts the seeds into the ground or else it's forced to see the clown

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Sex Skeleton posted:

No. I’m going to kill all the invasive species on my property and when I’m finished I intend to make it my life’s work to encourage others to do so as well.

please plant these kudzu seeds im mailing you then once the plant has matured try to kill it. i dare you. kudzu is the cock roach of plants. ants roaches and crocs are going to be chilling in a bunch of kudzu after the meteor hits / bombs go off

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh god imagine a stronger, mutated kudzu

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Kudzu, although may look dramatic with how it scrambles over things, really isn't that adept as an invasive. Escaped roses cover three times more forest acreage in the American South than kudzu does (escaped privet, 14 times more). The quoted number of 7-9 million acres and climbing reported in the media isn't based on anything. 225-300 000 acres is closer accurate, perhaps higher now because I think I'm basing this on reports from like five years ago.

Plant kudzu today!!

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

snergle posted:

please plant these kudzu seeds im mailing you then once the plant has matured try to kill it. i dare you. kudzu is the cock roach of plants. ants roaches and crocs are going to be chilling in a bunch of kudzu after the meteor hits / bombs go off

Listen pal, I have Himalayan Blackberry. You’re not going to scare me with your bullshit little kudzu seeds. Come back when they’ve mutated to grow arms and rip out all the trees or something actually scary.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
kudzu crossed with mint for that extra dose of This loving Plant Won't Die

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Welp I guess this thing is some kind of grapevine too? It’s going up my home.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Good, let it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Feed me Seymour

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

smoke the hell out of whatever it is. All parts of it. Don't dry it or process it in any way. Don't even cut parts of it off just smoke chunks of it still on the vine and huff that poo poo straight into your air bags and see what happens

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Milo and POTUS posted:

wheres that at

Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Welp I guess this thing is some kind of grapevine too? It’s going up my home.

OP's home 4 days later

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

EorayMel posted:

OP's home 4 days later

That would be cool to pressure wash off

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

EorayMel posted:

OP's home 4 days later

Ah yes, the most terrifying segment from Creepshow.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
What you have there OP is one of them Chinese Sex Plants. Once it's big enough it'll start having sex with you, but then just when you begin thinking this might be the one, it suggests that you should start seeing other people and starts inviting weird people over to have really raunchy sex with, doing all sorts of things that apparently were "too gross" when you suggested it. Anyway then it pupates and mails itself to other people that's how it spreads.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

What you have there OP is one of them Chinese Sex Plants. Once it's big enough it'll start having sex with you, but then just when you begin thinking this might be the one, it suggests that you should start seeing other people and starts inviting weird people over to have really raunchy sex with, doing all sorts of things that apparently were "too gross" when you suggested it. Anyway then it pupates and mails itself to other people that's how it spreads.

hey just fyi pick up milk and lunchmeat on the way home later. you're out again.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

OMFG FURRY posted:

kudzu crossed with mint for that extra dose of This loving Plant Won't Die

Don’t both of those die off when you get a good frost?

I planted some mint and my family said ‘OH poo poo YOU CAN ONLY PUT IT IN CONTAINERS,MINT WILL TAKE OVER YOUR SOUL’. First cold-rear end night -pfft, killed it right down to the ground. A couple sprouts came back in the spring, but nothing too invasive. I’m assuming kudzu’s the same, since it seems to be a Southern thing.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It will never leave.

Those sprigs coming back in spring are the point.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

JnnyThndrs posted:

I planted some mint and my family said ‘OH poo poo YOU CAN ONLY PUT IT IN CONTAINERS,MINT WILL TAKE OVER YOUR SOUL’. First cold-rear end night -pfft, killed it right down to the ground. A couple sprouts came back in the spring, but nothing too invasive. I’m assuming kudzu’s the same, since it seems to be a Southern thing.

:monocle: Perhaps you're just very bad at plants?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

JnnyThndrs posted:

it turns brown but i dont think its dead just dreaming of killing every other plant then more starts growing in the spring and doesnt stop until the first deep chill. which thanks to global warming is only like 2 months long now in NC. dec jan cold everywhere else warm and muggy.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

No plant is an adequate match for against a certain amount of physical labor involving a shovel and maybe a BUDK machete

Also my weed book says that hoeing and raking under unwanted weeds can turn them into a "green manure" which will feed the soil and good plants you intend to grow instead of the soil feeding some no good ugly poo poo weed in your presence.
The amount of physical labor varies but a good baseline estimate is always "lots"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You open that fiskars machete in homedepot on a busy Saturday afternoon. $16.98 with a lifetime warranty. Wet with anticipation, you stroll over to the spray paint and pick out something suitably neon and sick nasty. Hands trembling, you tie on your karate kid replica bandana.

Alternatively OP you gotta do this to the plants before the plants metaphorically do this to you

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

a lot of weeds are rhizomal which means you need to dig up their lovely little sprouts ASAP every time they grow if you truly want to get rid of them because they have a giant root network that will keep growing crap as long as they can get any sunlight at all from above ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EorayMel posted:

You open that fiskars machete in homedepot on a busy Saturday afternoon. $16.98 with a lifetime warranty. Wet with anticipation, you stroll over to the spray paint and pick out something suitably neon and sick nasty. Hands trembling, you tie on your karate kid replica bandana.

Alternatively OP you gotta do this to the plants before the plants metaphorically do this to you

Slow and steady wins the r- oh. Never mind