Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Anna Jay and Tay Conti becoming best friends because of AEW low key rules

Sorry Nikkisawa, I'm here for Contishii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

it's kinda weird, i definitely noticed it too, at least in the first match

but if it's just coming from the women themselves as like "yeah this is us, we're hot poo poo and we can wrestle and titillate if we want" i guess it's better than "a syphilitic brained old man is forcing us to fight until we're in our underwear"

Yeah, I have no problem with "sexy" gimmicks now or She Calls That The Rear View or whatever, now that women's wrestling is at a place where that's a choice, not every woman wrestler is forced into that mold.

I actually just watched the quarters and... Ariane has actually improved? Good for her. Honestly while both matches had some sloppy moments, they were entertaining. I feel like it's at a point where much of the women's division still needs training and focus on technique, but they've been able to develop some interesting characters and that keeps it compelling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think Scorp's getting anything any time before All Out but they're definitely building up that win streak on purpose so they can bring him out after for some kind of title shot

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I also feel like they're building up the initiative to beat The Bucks but how long can it go on? Long enough to last until after the Bucks wrestle FTR?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think we're gonna get Cowboy Bebop vs FTR at All Out and since The Bucks are just simmering their FTR match, they'll fight Brandon & Peter

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb163hOx5TI

Ortiz got himself a trophy.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

The Initiative are going to lose all year and end up 0-99 and beat the bucks to avoid the 100th loss

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Have the Initiative had any kinda build beyond BTE? Cause I wouldn't count on them beating the Bucks until that happens.

e: Like, they're definitely not getting a PPV slot any time soon with the roster as deep as it is

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Rarity posted:

Have the Initiative had any kinda build beyond BTE? Cause I wouldn't count on them beating the Bucks until that happens.

e: Like, they're definitely not getting a PPV slot any time soon with the roster as deep as it is

I mean, every week on Dark, even if the dialog has been almost entirely BTE. The story seems like it would be clear enough if you didn't watch BTE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Is it TayContishii or Shebata

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Taynara Melo de Carvalho

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

Is it TayContishii or Shebata

Shingo TayConti

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Remember when people criticized Kenny for allowing a jobber too much offense? I guess they fixed that.

There's also a new t-shirt of Violent Ken and Kage vs. the Lucha Bros, but it sucks and Kage sucks.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
who the hell is Kage

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The wrong name for your horse in Ghost of Tsushima.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Gavok posted:

Remember when people criticized Kenny for allowing a jobber too much offense? I guess they fixed that.

There's also a new t-shirt of Violent Ken and Kage vs. the Lucha Bros, but it sucks and Kage sucks.

extra lol since Dan is a joke character and part of a paid dlc. unless they make the snk rib competitive for some reason

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleopolis posted:

who the hell is Kage

"The manifestation of the satsui no hado"
but really it's just a reuse of the ryu model

Tonight's gonna be the most tense Dynamite because if they don't announce a Lucha Bros match next week, i'll be 100% sure they're not gonna get the belts this time and it'll take at least 'till December.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Critical posted:

extra lol since Dan is a joke character and part of a paid dlc. unless they make the snk rib competitive for some reason

remember his pattern in Puzzle Fighter was all red crystals? lol

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Waffleopolis posted:

who the hell is Kage

Ryu overcame his inner evil and exorcised it. It then became its own person. They basically just wanted to make Evil Ryu into a separate character.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Gavok posted:

Ryu overcame his inner evil and exorcised it. It then became its own person. They basically just wanted to make Evil Ryu into a separate character.

This is even dumber than google lead me to believe.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

MorningMoon posted:

This is even dumber than google lead me to believe.

They just copied the story for Jago and Shadow Jago from Killer Instinct!

On topic, Tay should also watch some Miyu Yamashita matches for kick inspirations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

smikey posted:

They just copied the story for Jago and Shadow Jago from Killer Instinct!

Nah. They already established that plot device with M. Bison and Rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Gavok posted:

Nah. They already established that plot device with M. Bison and Rose.

Psycho Power is not the Dark Hadou

Mod Edit:

Dynamite Thread
New Discussion Thread

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 13, 2020