Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have Spectrum for cable, and am a fan of the Houston Astros (yes, I know). Charter Communications, who operate Spectrum, have never had a deal with AT&T to carry AT&T SportsNet Southwest, which has the rights to air Astros games in my region. My options are to either live without baseball or switch providers to one of AT&T's various distribution platforms or fuboTV.

For years, people have been complaining about blackout restrictions, which dictate who can watch what in which areas. Every goon and their aunt has their own grievance, but I have yet to heard a plan that wouldn't disturb the production side of local broadcasts. This is an open thread to solve these problems in a way that everyone can agree on, including the people who shelled out the big bucks to broadcast the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

gently caress the goddamn tv networks and the loving cable companies they can all rot in hell

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CSN Philly is not available to satellite customers within the Philly area due to some crafty contractual wording on Comcast’s part (owner of CSN). By extension, any Phillies/Flyers/Sixers game aired exclusively on CSN Philly was blacked out, even if you had a league package. Since at the time Comcast had the only cable service in the region, you either had to get them or you were SOL.

This problem still exists to this day, but since the acquisition in of the network (formerly SportsChannel Philadelphia) in 1996, Verizon came along with Fios and CSN Philly is available through them.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 31, 2020

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
I bitched about his just this morning.

Dallas Stars games are aired on Fox Sports Southwest. Everything was chill and good until Sinclair bought the regionals from Disney. Dish is fighting or whatever with them and as a result I no longer have FSSW. It's been a goddamned year. I saw a grand total of two Stars games live last/current(?) season. One was because I was at my cousin's house for Thanksgiving and he had DirecTv. The second, I sat in a goddamned car up I-35 from Austin to the drat Cotton Bowl to see the winter classic. Now this weird rear end playoff thing is happening and I couldn't watch the Stars. It was aired on NHL network but of course blacked out. Even if you subscribe to NHL.tv or Center Ice that poo poo is still blacked out. And I'm pretty sure that's the case for all sports. And it's quite possibly the stupidest loving thing ever.

Oh, I'm in the Stars market? Black me out because you want me to go to a live game? gently caress you. I hate going to goddamned Dallas. How about you get your rear end on I-35 and live my hell.

I AM ANGRY ABOUT poo poo THAT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Peanut President posted:

gently caress the goddamn tv networks and the loving cable companies they can all rot in hell