Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

who likes these movies? what was your introduction to them? what's your favorite entry?

a lot of them have aged poorly but these movies that just brazenly ripped off of halloween (by the creators own admission) still seem to have their own weird charm.

myself, i like probably a lot of other kids born in the 80s caught a marathon of the first few movies on tbs during one of joe bob briggs marathons sometime in the early 90s. the one that always stuck out to me was Part 2, not just because of the introduction of jason, but the idea of this wacked out hillbilly running around the woods of new jersey wreakin havoc. that marathon stuck with me and made me a fan of not just the f13 movies but horror as a whole. the last few years saw a resurgance of friday the 13th popularity, with the new video game, remastered and reissues of the first film, and a series that's in the works over at peacock. we've also seen its popularity start to rise again, with strong fan films like Never Hike Alone or james a. janeisse's retrospective/kill counts on youtube.

sadly though, the video game and essentially rights to the franchise as a whole have been frozen because of a dumb lawsuit between victor miller and sean cunningham so we're probably waiting for one of the two sides to settle or die of old age before anything happens again.

the lawsuit was settled and we can have movies again.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Apr 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

who likes these movies? what was your introduction to them? what's your favorite entry?

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) was the first horror film I saw uncut at an early age so that one will always stick with me. It's probably my favorite one as well as it was easy to identify with Corey Feldman's character.

I need to watch Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th (2013) and Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy (2010).

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

My intro was the writeup Fangoria did on the first one. Soon as it was showing at the theaters near me, my Mom took me to see it. So far I've seen all of them but Manhattan at the show.

Pretty much the franchise is like slasher comfort food for me. I did pick up the blu ray set that even with the disc flaws, I'm still okay with.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

more like why-day the turdteenth because why bother watching those turds

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zogo posted:

I need to watch Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th (2013) and Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy (2010).
both are great

i always loved the 7th one and it had my favorite Jason face and the sleeping bag kill

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I grew up with these starting around age 7 or 8. I absolutely love terrible slasher films. Lil Jason is the only character I wasn't technically scared of when I was young, so these were a big hit for me. If any of you love these and have a buttload of free time, check out "In Voorhees We Trust with Gourley and Rust". Great podcast that looks at each film for about 2.5 hours. Tangents abound, but they are sweeties and big fans.

Any of y'all interested in the F13 fan films?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
post to see why i have this bookmarked

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i don't know

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ButtWolf posted:

I grew up with these starting around age 7 or 8. I absolutely love terrible slasher films. Lil Jason is the only character I wasn't technically scared of when I was young, so these were a big hit for me. If any of you love these and have a buttload of free time, check out "In Voorhees We Trust with Gourley and Rust". Great podcast that looks at each film for about 2.5 hours. Tangents abound, but they are sweeties and big fans.

Any of y'all interested in the F13 fan films?

I've seen a couple of them come across my YouTube recs but I've never been able to take the plunge.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never Hike Alone is pretty good. Vengeance has pretty good quality but man the acting from all but like 2 people is rough.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wish my PC had a bluray player because I'd play my set from midnight to midnight on something like Kast for the upcoming F13

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
I was a big fan of the Friday the 13th movies as a kid. I watched them all repeatedly, but mu favorite and most watched was Jason Goes to Hell. The 2 with Corey Feldman also stand out in my memory for some reason.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Best scene in the series lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Punished Chuck posted:

Best scene in the series lol

I'd have to disagree

Jason's 007 intro from part 6 (my favorite)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ive watched every single one of these movies 100s of times and the scene that wont leave my head isnt one of the kills but them drat enchiladas in part 5...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tommy jarvis hitting the john cena attitude adjustment ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

STONE COLD 64 posted:

tommy jarvis hitting the john cena attitude adjustment ftw

hell yes