Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleSausage

I'm butter side up, baby.

While I feel I am pretty drat good at scrambled eggs, omelettes have always been beyond my reach. I am 100% certain that any omelette fold on cooking TV is CGI. Mine always end up as piles of eggs. Which really isn't a problem as long as it's tasty but then you should just stick with scramble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

BattleSausage posted:

While I feel I am pretty drat good at scrambled eggs, omelettes have always been beyond my reach. I am 100% certain that any omelette fold on cooking TV is CGI. Mine always end up as piles of eggs. Which really isn't a problem as long as it's tasty but then you should just stick with scramble

i overcome this problem by turning the gas off shortly after adding the egg. i'm sure my omlettes aren't up to code, but it's a very forgiving method.

Nation of Thizzlam

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

BattleSausage posted:

fwiw i worked as a cook for like 9 years and i still don't know how to make an omelette worth a poo poo, you aren't alone w/ this

Jinh

A can of orange soda to keep me going until lunch.
:hydrated:

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
here's my masterclass on omelettes:

as with all eggs, most people try cooking them at too high of a temperature. start out very, very low. like a 2/10 on your stove.
this is the job for your nonstick pan.
put a silly amount of butter/oil/cooking spray on the pan. trust me.
make sure the whole disc moves freely in the pan before you try to fold it.
use a correctly sized spatula for flipping. too small will end up with wrinkles in your omelette.
if you screw it up, call it a frittatta

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

canyoneer posted:

here's my masterclass on omelettes:

as with all eggs, most people try cooking them at too high of a temperature. start out very, very low. like a 2/10 on your stove.
this is the job for your nonstick pan.
put a silly amount of butter/oil/cooking spray on the pan. trust me.
make sure the whole disc moves freely in the pan before you try to fold it.
use a correctly sized spatula for flipping. too small will end up with wrinkles in your omelette.
if you screw it up, call it a frittatta

this and you must pull all the edges in as it cooks

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I had a big chocolate muffin while I gave my vigorous morning pets to my kitty 🐈

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

i dont care what anyone says, i am making bacon tomorrow morning :911:

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

canyoneer

today i had two breakfast tacos from rudy's barbecue. one was brisket, egg and cheese. the other was spicy chop brisket, egg and cheese.

it's my favorite road trip breakfast. you can tell it's good because (normally) at breakfast time it's packed with construction workers, landscapers, firefighters, and cops. folks doing sweaty work have a good nose for good breakfast.

Escape From Noise

Made a real good breakfast burrito today. Probably my best so far. Proportions were just right and the egg was just the right amount of runny

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Zurtilik

What should I do for breakfast tomorrow?

Escape From Noise

Zurtilik posted:

What do you have on hand? Sweet or savory? High or low effort?

Prof. Crocodile

Zurtilik posted:

i'm hearing a lot of buzz around vegemite toast, and also kohlrabi. maybe those thing?

Zurtilik

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

What do you have on hand? Sweet or savory? High or low effort?

I have eggs and jelly... Help! I also have some basic spices probably - garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, etc.

How do I not have good bread?!

Escape From Noise

Zurtilik posted:

I have eggs and jelly... Help! I also have some basic spices probably - garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, etc.

How do I not have good bread?!

Do you have tortillas or any bread? Veg?

Zurtilik

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Do you have tortillas or any bread? Veg?

I might have some tortillas.

Escape From Noise

Zurtilik posted:

I might have some tortillas.

Scrambled eggs wrapped in tortilla is nice, especially with some cheese and salsa

canyoneer

Make eggs the Gordon Ramsay way
https://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

canyoneer posted:

Make eggs the Gordon Ramsay way
https://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0

Throwing an egg angrily on a piece of bread and slamming another slice on top while berating it for being an "idiot sandwich".