Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Manny Fresh put in that work for the beat for Still Fly.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Stunna related though not exactly on topic, but this thread reminded me of something about 5 years ago when I was starting a new job in Wyoming. On the first day, I had finally met some coworkers that were my age and the first thing this one girl said after I told them I was from Houston was "Did you know DJ Screw?!"

Sadly, no, I never hanged with the maestro of chop and screw.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I listen to Still Tippin like once a year but I somehow remember Slim Thug's verse by heart

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Roumba posted:

Stunna related though not exactly on topic, but this thread reminded me of something about 5 years ago when I was starting a new job in Wyoming. On the first day, I had finally met some coworkers that were my age and the first thing this one girl said after I told them I was from Houston was "Did you know DJ Screw?!"

Sadly, no, I never hanged with the maestro of chop and screw.

DJ Screw's proud legacy still lives on today. I saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "Thats a Whole Lotta Cough Syrup!" recently in spite of the fact that Actavis apparently stopped making Prometh and Codeine Syrup years (?) ago - Im sure there are alternatives Im not aware of. In a sense this is Stunna related because B.G. and possibly Turk were doped up to the tits on heroin during the "Bling Bling" era.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I still chuckle a bit whenever I think of this legit news (BBC I think?) headline and video thumbnail from a way back:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I worked in a CVS pharmacy in (very) suburban Detroit when I was in high school and this white guy, maybe 23 y/o in Girbaud jeans, a white tall tee, and a white fitted with du-rag came in to the store with his very suburban looking mother. He also had a toothpick in and a chinstrap beard. You know the look.

His mom goes to the back of the store to fill her script for whatever helps her get through the day with this failson, and son comes to the counter and asks me:

"Ay yo mang, you know which one-a deez cough syrups gots promeffazeen innit?"

I answered him: "Honestly dude, you're going to need a script for anything containing that stuff"

"Aw poo poo mang, you aright doe"

I wonder where he is now.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

The_Continental posted:

I worked in a CVS pharmacy in (very) suburban Detroit when I was in high school and this white guy, maybe 23 y/o....

Uh oh, what did I do.

The_Continental posted:

......in Girbaud jeans, a white tall tee, and a white fitted with du-rag came in to the store with his very suburban looking mother. He also had a toothpick in and a chinstrap beard. You know the look.

Oh thank God, wasn't me.

Zeinin
May 7, 2003

As soon as lowtax no longer owns these forums some people be getting some new Avatars.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
This the part where I give my phone number to all the girls that's hot

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

DJ Screw's proud legacy still lives on today. I saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "Thats a Whole Lotta Cough Syrup!" recently in spite of the fact that Actavis apparently stopped making Prometh and Codeine Syrup years (?) ago - Im sure there are alternatives Im not aware of. In a sense this is Stunna related because B.G. and possibly Turk were doped up to the tits on heroin during the "Bling Bling" era.

Actavis wasn't the only manufacturer. There are plenty of options for RX codeine + prometh to this day.... they just all taste like poo poo. Actavis was the one that tasted like straight candy, but it aint like the sippers are gonna put down the cups anytime soon.

Also wayne keeps claiming he quit the lean but then his next verse he talks about how much he sips. RIP Pimp C and DJ Screw

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
He only does one bird sound. More like Dove Man.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Syrup is pretty dumb, but lean is lame. Let’s just take the weakest commercially available painkiller, codeine, and dilute the poo poo out of it with Sprite.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Actavis wasn't the only manufacturer. There are plenty of options for RX codeine + prometh to this day.... they just all taste like poo poo. Actavis was the one that tasted like straight candy, but it aint like the sippers are gonna put down the cups anytime soon.

Also wayne keeps claiming he quit the lean but then his next verse he talks about how much he sips. RIP Pimp C and DJ Screw
I’ve been made aware that Promethazine still has value on the street. That’s not even the part of the syrup that gets you high. Apparently I can make a fortune selling the medicine for my tum tum because people are dumb.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Didn't Cash Money briefly try to popularize driving around with all of your tires on your car deflated ?

Goldie The Mack
Nov 25, 2005

Go on and stick yo' seff

Laslow posted:

Syrup is pretty dumb, but lean is lame. Let’s just take the weakest commercially available painkiller, codeine, and dilute the poo poo out of it with Sprite.

It's kinda like drinking light beer. You can drink all day without getting tore up.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
codeine got me movin slower than a catepillar race

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Mannie Fresh owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y3zTONi8l0

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Does anyone else remember that Mr Big started selling dope back in 1986?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Goldie The Mack posted:

It's kinda like drinking light beer. You can drink all day without getting tore up.

yeah but there is promethazine in most of those syrups, which in terms of general effect on the body, is much more powerful than the codeine. So any codeine you might feel gets overpowered by a powerful antihistamine drowsiness. might as well be bragging about taking benadryl