Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

CJacobs posted:

The movies justify this by having only the original Jigsaw stick to this idea, he dies in I think 3(?) and after that it's his various apprentices. Not that it really matters because the very first trap in the first movie was inescapable because of the key that goes down the drain when the guy wakes up in the tub.

isn't that what the hacksaw was for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You'd think, but a flashback in Saw 3 reveals that it's his idiot apprentice lady's fault the key got washed away and it really was supposed to be the solution for some reason

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

CJacobs posted:

You'd think, but a flashback in Saw 3 reveals that it's his idiot apprentice lady's fault the key got washed away and it really was supposed to be the solution for some reason

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

What's up with Jigsaw being weirdly omniscient/omnipresent that he can capture any random Joe at any time and force them into his death games but he's apparently the worst judge of character ever when it comes to picking his apprentices?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
amanda was a good apprentice, she was just being blackmailed by hoffman because she indirectly instigated the robbery at the health clinic that resulted in jill tuck's miscarriage as revealed in saw 6 duh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cubone posted:

amanda was a good apprentice, she was just being blackmailed by hoffman because she indirectly instigated the robbery at the health clinic that resulted in jill tuck's miscarriage as revealed in saw 6 duh

Is this like R Kelly's Trapped in the Closet where the final reveal is that through a comedy of errors every single character in the entire thing got HIV from someone else in the cast

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cubone posted:

okay but why was hoffman ever involved in this? he was just a cop, right? he wasn't put through a jigsaw trap until after jigsaw died. hoffman is just some evil pervert cop who wanted in on the self-righteous extrajudicial torture killings oh that makes sense actually nevermind

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
0 lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

watching saw 1 atm because of this thread and 1) Cary Elwes owns 2) the cinematography is decent enough but what the hell did they shoot this on, looks like a drat YouTube video on a modern hdtv

ILY Dead Gay Forum
Mar 15, 2019
I watched 1 and 2 because I had a friend who was obsessed with Saw. I told her the first movie reminded me of Cradle of Fear and the second reminded me of a Yu-Gi-Oh storyline from the manga (so it's not like I had great taste to start with). She didn't like that but I didn't have to watch any more Saws, that is my story.

Seriously check out Cradle of Fear, the terrible movie by the band Cradle of Filth, though. I watched it the same day as Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter, and both are superior movies.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

food court bailiff posted:

the cinematography is decent enough

wait til you get to the "car chase"

e:

what the hell did they shoot this on, looks like a drat YouTube video on a modern hdtv
according to imdb it was shot on film

that can't be right, can it?

Cubone fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 9, 2020

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ILY Dead Gay Forum posted:

I watched 1 and 2 because I had a friend who was obsessed with Saw. I told her the first movie reminded me of Cradle of Fear and the second reminded me of a Yu-Gi-Oh storyline from the manga (so it's not like I had great taste to start with). She didn't like that but I didn't have to watch any more Saws, that is my story.

Seriously check out Cradle of Fear, the terrible movie by the band Cradle of Filth, though. I watched it the same day as Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter, and both are superior movies.

is that the sequel or prequel to abraham lincoln vampire hunter

ILY Dead Gay Forum
Mar 15, 2019

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

is that the sequel or prequel to abraham lincoln vampire hunter

Well it came out first, so...

Never actually seen the Lincoln one.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ILY Dead Gay Forum posted:

wait which yu gi oh story, I read most of the pre-card-game stuff as an idiot youth and have been rereading the first five volumes in japanese as study practice because I found them at a used bookstore for $2 for the lot of em

e: lmfao whenever they find a note from jigsaw he reads it in a gravelly voiceover hahahaha

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 9, 2020

ILY Dead Gay Forum
Mar 15, 2019

wait which yu gi oh story, I read most of the pre-card-game stuff as an idiot youth and have been rereading the first five volumes in japanese as study practice because I found them at a used bookstore for $2 for the lot of em

When Kaiba sets up his Murder Mansion Theme Park or whatever, I think after Mokuba is trapped in his own body after the Gacha game? It was similar enough for me to be a total douche at the time.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

muscles like this! posted:

A weird thing about the Saw series is that Jigsaw's MO is supposed to be that his traps always have a way out but the majority of the movies are just full of unwinnable traps that kill no matter what. The movies recognize this but then just keep doing the same thing anyway.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006