Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Methanar posted:

haha stupid canadians think 30 celsius is hot hahahahah its 45c here you're such a pussy

most of the world deals with 30+ in the summer so you won't get much sympathy

stick a fan in your window at night and close up your house during the day, do your walks in the morning. congrats, you survived

also i bet you've made fun of people for complaining about being chilly when it's 10 out, you jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cant decide of its the lack of humidity or the temperature thats the better part of having an AC unit

either way i do not regret my purchase

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Inept posted:

also i bet you've made fun of people for complaining about being chilly when it's 10 out, you jerk!

what if i'm making fun of other canadians for it? one of my favourite parts of living in vancouver is laughing at all the people who bundle up like crazy when it hasn't even reached 0 yet.

they're weak down here!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Catastrophe posted:

Possibly relevant to the thread's topic:

This whole article wouldn't look out of place on the SA front page
https://www.portlandmercury.com/new-column/2018/05/23/20043995/frank-cassanos-imbecile-parade

Mia Antifa
Sep 12, 2011

nazi punks fuck off
ITT we act superior about whatever scale you use to measure temperature because that is the kind of thing that matters to real people in the real world who just think being hot sucks.

It’s 111F (~44C or ~317K or ~611SF) here today and working outside sucks. ~~but it’s a dry heat~~ yeah but once you get over 100 it loving sucks humidity or not. Being hot sucks. Doesn’t matter if it’s Celsius or Fahrenheit or SUPER FAHRENHEIT. Can’t we all just agree on that?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hot weather is a blessing and a curse b/c the sun and heat is lovely after a long cold winter, but then you quickly realize how much harder it is to cool off than it is to bundle up against the cold and realize that summer actually sucks and the best seasons are fall and spring

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The sun and heat isn't lovely after a long cold winter.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

esperterra posted:

the best seasons are fall and spring

:hai:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:sun:~*eNdLeSs SuMmEr*~:sun:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thanks to climate change Alberta doesn't even cool off at night all that much anymore.

June is my jam, 20-25 during the day, around 10 at night :thumbsup:

Manuel
Sep 11, 2001

reignonyourparade posted:

The sun and heat isn't lovely after a long cold winter.

:agreed:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

MakaVillian posted:

Thanks to climate change Alberta doesn't even cool off at night all that much anymore.

June is my jam, 20-25 during the day, around 10 at night :thumbsup:

hell yeah going for a walk in the middle of the night and its 10-15 degrees is amazing. T shirt weather with no sunshine!!!!!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

esperterra posted:

hot weather is a blessing and a curse b/c the sun and heat is lovely after a long cold winter, but then you quickly realize how much harder it is to cool off than it is to bundle up against the cold and realize that summer actually sucks and the best seasons are fall and spring

Hell yeah.

The cool rain we're getting is a nice change, but it didn't take long to remind me of how depressing the months of overcast is in the winter.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's finally started to cool off but my sleep schedule is already hosed from humidity keeping me awake all night for most of the week RIP

The rain is nice tho

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Catastrophe posted:

Possibly relevant to the thread's topic:

On one hand I love the beach during summer

On the other hand I do agree with everything she said lol.
Edit: Except for late evening walks what sort of monster hates that

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
It gets 115F here. They actually fly black flags here to warn people

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I would 100 percent rather live in a place that gets 30 degree C (for completely correct and cool) weather daily than in a country with poo poo seasons like spring, fall or winter. Anything except for summer can suck it.

I have an above average tolerance for heat but below for cold so that's propably part of it, thank you lazy thyroid.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fffffff

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

This is goddamn post hurricane humidity, it's the loving worst

For our non-US friends this is 40C air temp, feels like 60C

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 29, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
it was 12 degrees when I went out earlier. Kind of chilly in the wind! Was feeling a bit sad about summer being over and the impending 8 months of darkness.

The sun came out now though so its pleasantly warm again

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Methanar posted:

it was 12 degrees when I went out earlier. Kind of chilly in the wind! Was feeling a bit sad about summer being over and the impending 8 months of darkness.

The sun came out now though so its pleasantly warm again

How do you do fellow Scandinavian goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

AEMINAL posted:

How do you do fellow Scandinavian goon

It was +4 last night. Summers over and it might not be +20 again until June.

Currently +9 with insane high wind.

Not taking it well.