Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Killer 7 probably doesn't apply in many of the ways you're talking about (because I dunno how art works) but it is surreal as hell and made me feel very weird while playing sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

grand theft auto 3

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This thread feels like a pop quiz that I didn’t study for lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

net cafe scandal posted:

This thread feels like a pop quiz that I didn’t study for lol.

well you just aced it, bucko

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

it'd be cool if someone finally realised with all this additional power in consoles now if you stopped obsessing about graphics you could actually make the fable game that peter molyneux described

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godus

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

While the mobile versions of the game continue to be updated, the early access Steam release has yet to see an updated beta since 2016. The contract of the lead developer of the game, Konrad Naszynski, expired 28 June 2016, and it has been reported that there is no one left working on the PC version.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Godus was the effort of game designer Peter Molyneux and his development studio 22Cans.[4]

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
go to hardcoregaming101 and sort by console and look at ps1/2 era games. i havent been there in a while so i dont know if theres a big master list still but that website was how i found out about all sorts of good games since i wasnt really playing games between the age of like 13-20. plus i learned about some good older snes games too which is nice cos i grew up with a ps1.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh right. i say look at ps1/2 era games cos thats when even the most thorough attempts at realism looked like that sort of stuff, cos the technology wasnt quite there to make everything look real even if they wanted to. i think i know what youre getting at. modern games like astral chain, nier automata and persona 5 and stuff where its like lots of pure fantasy but with details from reality rendered bluntly like vending machines, metal fire escape ladders and litter etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just got to the QTE in Shenmue 2 you're not supposed to do anything for and it owns lol