Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Yep will get those up soon. Sorry for the wait

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
How I fit in: Mikael is on staff somewhat as a formality, as more properly he was put here just to keep him under the Archmage's thumb. Currently he's teaching "Applied Political Geography" which is 60% rambling about mercenary stories and how to vaguely fit in when at any of the major (and several minor!) cities of the empire, as well as what base level intrigue to be wary of.

Reinna Aithorn - Mikael's heard of her. There's nobody who gossips like a bored high elf, and while campaigning near the Queen's Wood, Mikael certainly got plenty of it. He was always curious about the odd one out of the royal family. She might've even taken one of his classes
Black-Tail - Mikael and Black-Tail have likely been acquainted over the occasional games of cards and dice.
Trobon - Trobon's reputation is known more then Trobon himself. Mikael is *not* one for essays and reading assignments. Probably assumes Trobon would be another stiff shirted wizardly type.
Rauk of the Red Hands - A woman after his own heart! I would guess Rauk and Mikael get along fantastically in their mutual mercenary past and overall disdain for wizardry.
Malovio of the Elements - At first Mikael hoped Malovio was someone to kvetch and moan about the downsides of being so damned *destined*, but Malovio seems a bit too much the serious type for some good natured bellyaching.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
How I fit in: Malovio is still a student, but not for much longer. In his final years he has applied himself well, has good marks, and attends many varied lessons. That said he clearly has a focus on elemental magical and the natural world rather than the more applied mathematical studies. Rather serious and studious but not amazing with book smarts, more inclined to intuitive understanding of magic.

Reinna Aithorn - Malovio has heard of her, of course he has, few at the academy haven't. He hasn't gone out of his way to get to know her in the past as she seems to not really have the attitude for academy life. Seems to be a bit of a rebel.
Black-Tail - Malovio has not had a lot of interaction with Black-Tail as he tries to behave and do well at the academy.
Trobon - Trobon's classes are fairly dry, and technical, and not really Malovio's favorite. That said Malovio has done his best to do well in them.
Rauk of the Red Hands - A fairly mercenary woman. Willing to do much for money. Perhaps too much.
Mikael of Theo - Mikael has approached Malovio on occasion, striking up a conversation and talking about destiny. He tends to complain a bit about his destiny and seems to want a kindred spirit. Malovio kindly listens to him, and understands how what has happened to himself separated him from his family and others and can see how Mikael's destiny could do the same to him.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

trobon tired of working with archeologists, they draw bad and not take good notes. trobon say new department is good idea, will go see magic sites himself. also good to take break from teaching. get fresh air and smash monsters

sneaky elf is problem student. always make trouble in class. is good at magic but would be better if know about fundamentals

black lizard is problem student. still owe trobon essay. trobon know black lizard make other student write essay for him. you not fool trobon

trobon not know why weird destiny guy is teacher. trobon not see him teach anything. puny spire man ask trobon to look at destiny but trobon not know how to do that

trobon agree with teef-thing about wizards. they not use common sense, use magic instead. trobon not agree with teef-thing about orcs. trobon say orcs not hard to get along with at all

blank eye man is good student. always show up to class, turn in homework on time, ask questions. is too bad blank eye man not take advanced theory classes

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 17, 2020

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rauk has already seen off 3 tentacled horrors, 2 demons, 1 devil (aren't they the same thing?), and in an ill-advised intersection of plumbing and wizards, 1 Lavatory Golem.

handwritten scrawls, jotted with speed as if gripped by tremendous inspiration posted:

idea! a scale of wizardanger for all right thinking mercs. wizardliness wizardosity? needs work

out of ten!

Reina Aithorn - both rich AND wizard. QED doubly wizard, but spends time sneaking so less likely to really mess it up. possibly doomed, will need to watch. wizardosity 6/10

Black-Tail - shifty and EXTREMELY wizard. do not trust!!! wizardosity 8/10, but likely to stay in manageable explosion-form in the proper direction (towards orcs!)

Mikael of Theo - only mildly wizard. bit of a dandy, doesn't seem to have the real maniacal laughter in him. unlikely to result in tidal wave of tentacled horrors. wizardosity 4/10

Trobon - does not seem to understand the danger of wizards. orc-bane, good in a scrap. bad ideas, though. wizardosity 2/10

Malovio - extremely wizard, but insists he is not a wizard. the most dangerous kind of wizard! wizardosity 8/10!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Ok, that’s 4 sets of impressions. I’ll start working on an intro for those four but it’s not too late if someone else finishes up their impressions before I get the post together.

At this point it seems that Trobon is the most natural supervisor for the group from the university’s standpoint.

Apocron fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 20, 2020

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

trobon is biggest and smartest. is obvious trobon lead

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Rauk has never once done paperwork voluntarily, and isn't about to start now.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Sorry I’m being a bit slow. I am working on this.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Initial post is up:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3945810

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Sorry! Literally slipped my mind updating this week. Will update in the next day or two.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

are we using this thread for ooc? im wondering if i can throw my bookshelf at them

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I figure I'm just going to charge into the largest group of zombies and begin the whirlwind next round. Should I rage on this?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Throwing your bookshelf sounds cool to me. What effect are you hoping for? Turning it into some kind of area attack? I’d say it’s a nice story context related thing so you can spend a fate point after we decide what attack it will modify and how.

Are you asking my about whether you should rage or the group?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

yeah i was thinking of it being an area of effect thing, maybe causing a bit of an obstruction too

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I guess I'm asking the group, though if you tell me we're going to have a full heal-up after this there's no reason for me not to blow both Rage and Frenzy.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I've posted (sorry for the delay there) but I am a bit confused on how skill rolls work, since I don't have skills or attributes. Are all skill rolls just a standard d20 no modifier, and you then modify then by invoking your Aspects if you got Fate Points?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Usually it's (d20)+(level)+(applicable background rating)+(ability mod) vs a (dc the gm sets) but since we're not using backgrounds, I guess we just get an aspect bonus or don't? The dc is usually set by tier, for adventurer tier the average environmental dc is 15, which is raised or lowered if particularly nasty or easy.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
You justify your skill roll with an aspect but your aspects don’t have number ratings so they don’t modify the roll but DCs are adjusted down accordingly meaning that a skill roll without a fate point should have a reasonable chance to succeed and a skill with a fate point is very likely to succeed.