Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

FlamingLiberal posted:

Isn’t the Logan from the Logan movie in a different continuity than the rest of the Fox X-Men films?

Maybe, maybe not. They don’t commit in Logan one way or another.

They do a soft reference to canon by Wolverine finding X23’s comic books and him saying “half of this poo poo didn’t happen, and the other half didn’t happen the way these say” or something similar. I took that at the time as “don’t think too much about how this all fits together,” because otherwise, yeah, it’s a huge bummer as a continuation to the end of DoFP.

The sword from The Wolverine makes a cameo, so there are other touches outside of Wolverine and Charles being the same basic characterizations as the other Fox movies.

Doesn’t Caliban get a completely different characterization in an earlier Fox movie too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Doesn’t Caliban get a completely different characterization in an earlier Fox movie too?

Yeah he's the information broker who Psylocke works for before joining Apocalypse.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kinda sad there's no sign of Colossus because if he was in this we'd finally be getting a fastball special from the two of them.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

MikeJF posted:

Kinda sad there's no sign of Colossus because if he was in this we'd finally be getting a fastball special from the two of them.

He's in the cinemacon footage they showed of his birthday party. He mentions that he has been binging The Great British Bake Off for the last 5 years to explain why he hasn't seen Deadpool.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

We got that in X3...

But it did look like Wolverine was floating weightlessly through space, so I'd love to see an actual GOOD Fastball Special.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Jamesman posted:

We got that in X3...

But it did look like Wolverine was floating weightlessly through space, so I'd love to see an actual GOOD Fastball Special.

Also we can assume that X3 was erased from all timelines by DoFP for the good of the entire multiverse

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/1782766422369952155

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
couldn't even draw em. probably ai gen. what a hack