Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Lil Wayne's Carter III opens with the following lines:

"Yessir! They can't stop me. Even if they stopped me. Hahahah. Yeah.

I'm on it / Ooh I'm on it / I'm so on it / And however you want it"

Then proceeds to give us a baller anthem followed up with Mr Carter and Dr Carter right after.

Also...

quote:

So.

...begins the greatest translation of Beowulf ever created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

this is a spectacular idea for a thread and you started off with two great examples...

...and somehow i can't think of anything :negative:

need to get my trashed on, and I will return

Khanstant
ultralight starts off with some little kids babbling turch nonsense but then turns into a frisson inducing chance and gospel segment and i just listened to it rn to get them good chills drat what a good song

Finger Prince

I'm more into works of pure brilliance that start off asinine and then continue being asinine right through to the end.

Prof. Crocodile

a lot of great old movies have this issue actually

Casablanca starts off with a really weird scene of a newsreader recounting world war ii exposition over a fake-rear end globe, like it's going to be a schlocky adventure movie, then becomes amazing

Night of the Hunter starts with... i think it was like a sunday school lesson or something... then launches into a taught thriller about a psychopathic child murderer with tattoos on his knuckles

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmsnJ78-EbQ

Escape From Noise

The intro to the first episode of Pop Team Epic, but that was kind of on purpose to swerve the audiance.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Every chewbecca thread

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Bright Bart

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

but that was kind of on purpose

I mean, I honestly think it's a consciously used rhetorical device. Like starting an epic story with "I mean" while the room is still loud; gathering attention without promising too much. Or even a gloating done *after* setting the benchmark; having finished a Man Booker-winning novel you go back and write a prologue while half asleep and incorporate an idea your 7 year old suggested at the breakfast table.

Escape From Noise

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I genuinely feel like a lot of TV shows can fit here.

Like man, that first TNG episode was hot garbage.

Bright Bart

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is a spectacular idea for a thread and you started off with two great examples...

...and somehow i can't think of anything :negative:

need to get my trashed on, and I will return

LOL I knew there was a joke in here (whether intentional or not). It just didn't hit me until now that it would have been more clever to make the first post a mediocre album that puts its only decent single up front.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 1, 2020

Prof. Crocodile

Bright Bart posted:

LOL I knew there was a joke in here (whether intentional) or not. It just didn't hit me until now that it would have been more clever to make the first post a mediocre album that puts its only decent single up front.

that would have been an incredible gambit, to wager an entire thread on a single brilliant but abstruse joke in the hopes that a passing yobber was just tipsy enough to get it and reply appropriately...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S43IwBF0uM

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
BYOB: This is insane and very wonderful

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
the first movement of beethovens ninth? utter poo poo. trash. i would have stabbed spears into my ears rather than ever continue writing the rest of it, so im glad beethoven was just normal guy deaf.

crimes

Finger Prince

The BYOB Goldmine

Escape From Noise

My threads, except they're just fully asinine

Bright Bart

Yes! This is a perfect example!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

the first movement of beethovens ninth? utter poo poo. trash. i would have stabbed spears into my ears rather than ever continue writing the rest of it, so im glad beethoven was just normal guy deaf.

I was going to write Hmmmm I guess but I meant more like on purpose bland strokes before a masterpiece rather than just being less good than what follows. But I listened to it again and instead write Yes! This is a perfect example!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Bright Bart posted:

I was going to write Hmmmm I guess but I meant more like on purpose bland strokes before a masterpiece rather than just being less good than what follows. But I listened to it again and instead write Yes! This is a perfect example!

i had a moment of profound revulsion at my on bougie-ness when, during a long car ride with my spouse and child, NPR classical cut out on the start of the second movement. i hadn't felt that let down since a stripper ground her menses into my white jeans

crimes

Finger Prince

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i had a moment of profound revulsion at my on bougie-ness when, during a long car ride with my spouse and child, NPR classical cut out on the start of the second movement. i hadn't felt that let down since a stripper ground her menses into my white jeans

They did send a poet!

Bright Bart

Spooky posting.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frump truck

hello... again!

sincere quoting