Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Has she had problems with both knees or has it been the same knee every time?

NXT destroys knees.

It is The Way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Liquid Communism posted:

Given the guys sitting in catering, how the gently caress is Baron Corbin ever on TV again?

He has the highly rated by Vince status of "IS TALL".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

He has the highly rated by Vince status of "IS TALL".
He’s also sexy as hell? Apparently? :confused:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

So if Corbin is a perfectly fine mid-carder pushed way beyond his talent-level, does that make him the Jeff Jarrett of the current era? Can you imagine Baron Corbin running his own indy company in a few years? Did I just convince myself that Baron Corbin is my secret favourite wrestler?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
We all just got bored of Always Bad’ing folks so we moved on to Always Good’ing them instead

bartok
May 10, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

The leader of Retribution, ladies and gentlemen: Nibroc Norab!

The Nilbog Bruiser

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Guy on the motorcycle might be James Storm

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
My belief is WWE saps the potential out of everyone regardless of how they are pushed or not because an insane old man being in charge with absolute power is a bad idea, as history has shown often.

Everyone is creatively* worse for having been in WWE.

EVERYONE.

This goes beyond the misuse of the usual talents. In a weird alternate universe where the McMahons were talents instead of overlords, all of them(except Linda I guess but she's never been a 'a talent', they would be used better elsewhere.

Triple H even in declining age could very likely still contribute to a good match. But because he's in WWE where his ego is endlessly fed, anything good he accidentally does is dwarfed by his love of his own voice and adherence to seeking one more Triple H(TM) epic match.

Same goes for the McMahons. Imagine an alternative universe where Vince was full-heartedly in the Bischoff role - just a character without power. Stephanie would be exponentially more tolerable if she did get comeuppance when she was an onscreen character. Shane... uh.... I'm sure Shane could be used better than randomly making him win matches he shouldn't win.

I just 'good actually'd the McMahons of all people. If that's possible, seeing Corbin as potentially a useful talent isn't much of a stretch.

*Creatively is emphasized here. McMahons are all perfectly fine with how everything is going and are a lot more rich than these alternative selves would be, and are all, and would still be, awful people. Financially, they're doing better than ever. Because capitalism is a lying scam for liars.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Baron Corbin is like, the only "home grown" NXT talent Vince McMahon has ever liked. Rusev was home grown and great and Vince could care less. He just can't get enough of Corbin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Discussion Thread for October.