Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Someone made a thread for a Ducktales MMO that went the same way

There was also a spaceship thread in this vein. (where everybody stays in character and pretends our finely detailed spaceships are real)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The one where the op essentially live-blogged being charged with sending sexually explicit text messages to a minor. It had some good Taco Bell jokes.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Katamari Democracy posted:

I think about keyboard gloop every day.

I still loving remember that thread once in a while, apropos of nothing. Goatse and tubgirl didn't make me retch like that thread.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I think about the giant cartoon rear end thread

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Oh, I'm so sorry.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

i wonder if threads in the toxic waste dump can be stickied?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Qqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqq qqqq qqq!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I wonder if that guy is still banned from Germany

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Kirk losing it at razr handheld

That thread where a guy found his sisters dildo which he started to use regularly I think, and eventually she walked in on him with the dildo up his rear end (this was my introduction to something awful afaik)

Kuuenbu thread and djynn flyssa thread

g e cafe shower scene

fruit hat

That thread where ingwit was internet dating in Boston I think

the Wikipedia stealth edit thread

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Zombaby saga. loving hell.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The first thread that I can remember reading on here, long before I was a member was one entitled "my mother is insane".
She was a hoarder, and there were all sorts of pictures of the house and the trails in between the piles of poo poo everywhere.

Another one: entitled something along the lines of "A homeless person threw feces at me".

Another good one, the goon who posted a thread in A/T about being a pool hustler, and coming from a family of pool hustlers. He posted an update a couple years back, but I think he was having some health problems, and never really updated it much.

The Dollfucker wars of circa 2010ish was quite memorable. God that one spergburger dollfucker who loved Bawls and UHF creeped me the gently caress out.

There was another one from about 2007 or 8 or so about a guy who lived in the hood (Detroit) and even though he was white, his cousin, or brother or something was tight with some members of the Black Mafia Family (BMF). That thread ended IIRC with him posting that he got visited by the FBI or some poo poo, after (presumably) a goon called the authorities since the dude mentioned some stuff in the thread that might have been incriminating to people.

"OW MA LEGS"!!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

The Dollfucker wars of circa 2010ish was quite memorable. God that one spergburger dollfucker who loved Bawls and UHF creeped me the gently caress out.

The saga of beetface, his disabled girlfriend and the free hand-me-down sex dolls (with broken necks) all happened 15 mins away from me, and I never knew it till I read the encyclopedia dramatica entry years later :gonk:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

poverty goat posted:

The saga of beetface, his disabled girlfriend and the free hand-me-down sex dolls (with broken necks) all happened 15 mins away from me, and I never knew it till I read the encyclopedia dramatica entry years later :gonk:

God, that would have weirded me the gently caress out.. I remember his brother was a member here and told us some poo poo that was pretty :catstare:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The dollfucker thread was the first thread that really hooked me back when I was lurking. That was some purestrain Internet Weird that you don’t see a lot of any more.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

wesleywillis posted:

Another good one, the goon who posted a thread in A/T about being a pool hustler, and coming from a family of pool hustlers. He posted an update a couple years back, but I think he was having some health problems, and never really updated it much.
I think that was jase1 and a few of those got re-posted here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906143

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The dollfucker thread was the first thread that really hooked me back when I was lurking. That was some purestrain Internet Weird thats so common you don't even notice it anymore.

FTFY

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Another 10 years and dollfucking will be totally normalized here

Man In Black
Mar 7, 2011

We're on a mission from God.

Sleeveless posted:

The month after GBS 2.0 started when the guy who would periodically do in-character roleplaying threads about being an epic badass paranormal investigator rolled up with a new thread and was immediately shut down by everyone going "what the gently caress are you doing, this is cringe" was like the ending of Chinatown in terms of seeing someone just wholly and utterly have their soul destroyed right in front of you in the span of moments.

up yours, nerd, it was all real

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

poverty goat posted:

Another 10 years and dollfucking will be totally normalized here

Depends on when and if the dollfuckers turn out to be viable allies against the nazis.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

remigious posted:

I wonder how the nice dude who had nasal cancer is doing these days. I hope everything worked out.
I also wonder about Blue Story, the woman that was incredibly stupid and pregnant and her husband spent all their money on Star Wars junk. I can’t say I wish her well though.

Not why I remember but it was Carrion Luggage. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845462

Last I think he still posted semi recently, hopefully still in good health.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Not a thread so much, but a series of posts in the latest anonymous confessions thread about "therapy goon".

Basically the guy was a virgin (like all goons) and went to a therapist. He ended up loving his therapist, who was apparently batshit crazy. I think she might've even seen some of his posts on SA but regardless, she was apparently hot as gently caress but crazy as gently caress.

Last we heard....................... Well, I don't remember, its been a while.

Those of us who read that thread on the regular speculated that his dismembered body is in the bottom of a lake somewhere in eastern europe maybe.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I remember that. I think the foreshadowing to his disappearance was that the therapist deemed something awful as toxic and an influence he should distance himself. Gimmick or not, he was committed

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Hopefully he's at least just happy boning the poo poo out of some hot crazy chick

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Anyone remember the zoo fights threads? There were maybe three or four pretty epic comic/animated sagas about anthropomorphic animals fighting in a tournament, with forums members adopting personas to provide commentary. They were super great. I still occasionally remember the season with Bison Train, Iron Manatee and Steam Crab.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

BigHead posted:

Anyone remember the zoo fights threads? There were maybe three or four pretty epic comic/animated sagas about anthropomorphic animals fighting in a tournament, with forums members adopting personas to provide commentary. They were super great. I still occasionally remember the season with Bison Train, Iron Manatee and Steam Crab.

They were some of the best things I remember from mid-00s GBS, but after the first three or so people started bitching about all the characters and roleplay, which kind of killed the vibe.

I still occasionally giggle at the memory of Swanmass and pineal coladas.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

BigHead posted:

that's what got me to sign up and contribute

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Woah, zajajaja posted this in that thread back in 2017:

Seems like a really good way to get a huge plague goin.
I suppose that fits in with the republican standard operating procedure of 'gently caress you, more money for us'

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Camrath posted:

They were some of the best things I remember from mid-00s GBS, but after the first three or so people started bitching about all the characters and roleplay, which kind of killed the vibe.

I still occasionally giggle at the memory of Swanmass and pineal coladas.

After the first three or so people starting writing really bad long, serious in depth roleplay and it got to be terrible, yeah. A similar thing happened with the Dwarf Fortress LPs but with those people realized how dumb it had gotten after one particular one and mostly stopped.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Peter Madsen has apparently admitted to brutally murdering and dismembering Kim Wall in a recent interview, and so I dug up this old thing: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829904

I leave you with my opus magnum on the subject.

Subplot subterfuge!
Submits submariner:
"Sub subdued, subdivided
sub-curious subject."

I cant reply to that thread anymore but apparently Madsen has been having prison romances with 17 year old girls and marrying 30 year old women, so much so Denmark is now looking at banning romantic relationships for life -term prisoners.

This is the end of conjugal Madsen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Will he at least get a government reacharound?