Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I feel like I'm on a way different page than everyone this week. I didn't care for the woman's match, but did enjoy the comedy beat down and the real beat down to wrap the show.

I am excited to get Chili's curbside and watch the PPV on Saturday!

My wife wants to see someone lose a tooth Hangover 2 style during the tooth and nail match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Doc M posted:

If this was WWE, Sterling would've won the match. MJF and Wardlow would've attacked Moxley following a ref bump and dragged Sterling's corpse on top of Mox for the pin.

it would have actually worked out exactly like this did without the blood bc that ending was some turbo wwe poo poo that wouldn't be out of place on raw. including the "oh my god mjf isn't hurt" on commentary, no poo poo.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sir Tonk posted:

Where'd he go?

His time at AEW is over. Just one of those things.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

shiksa posted:

it would have actually worked out exactly like this did without the blood bc that ending was some turbo wwe poo poo that wouldn't be out of place on raw. including the "oh my god mjf isn't hurt" on commentary, no poo poo.
sure but the lawyer would also have won the match because why not

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

I mean, I thought all the lawyer poo poo was Raw as gently caress, but bein' fair here, none of the commentators actually thought MJF was hurt.

Doc M posted:

No, the lawyer would've lost and then the heels would do a beatdown, exactly like it happened for real.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
e: in fairness my "sincerity meter" is on the fritz sometimes but it read that way to me idno

Doc M posted:

lmao ok aew booked the wrestler to beat the comedy prop character it still stunk

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

shiksa posted:

oh yall liked that? lol I thought that was boring and cheesy, but to each their own.
I found it dull and wandered off.

Mox has seen better beat downs. I look forward to this feud being over.

I really look forward to this "season" of AEW being over. FTR thing has gone too long, wanna see MJF wrestle and lose, Bucks/Kenny/Page story needs to either conclude or go away.

Most of the people in the battle royale interest me more than the lead stories on AEW right now.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
Usually by the end of Dynamite I'm kind of checked out mentally. A dumb match with no stakes followed by a beatdown is fine if it's setting up the PPV on Saturday.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Keltar posted:

His time at AEW is over. Just one of those things.

Booooo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about, that beatdown was the best thing on the show.

it was boring, went too long, and i felt even less interested in their upcoming match by the time it was over so it had the exact opposite effect of its intent

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Psycho MJF is a good bit. Pretty interested in seeing how that pans out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New Discussion Thread