Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

As we all know, Ready Player One was a cultural phenomenon. Arguably the greatest novel of all time, it also led to a feature film directed by Stephen Spielberg. That's right - the guy who directed 1941! That movie made over half a billion dollars, so a sequel was bound to happen eventually, right?

However, Ernest Cline is no cash-grabber, oh no. He's been working diligently to craft a 2nd novel, one that will expand upon the rich tapestry created in Ready Player One. And it is my great honor to share an excerpt here.

Chapter 11 - The Pizza Party

Although we had won the battle, the way was not over yet. But we had earned a celebration. We logged in to the Oasis and rented out the swankiest club available - Michelangelo's. It was named not after the artist, but after the Ninja Turtle. I ordered the "Cowabunga", which was named after the Turtle's famous catchphrase and had everything on it.

While we were eating pizza, Spider-man walked in. He was followed by Darth Vader, Indiana Jones, Hulk Hogan, Rainbow Brite, and all of the Goonies.

"Wow!" I said.

"Hey kid, you're doing a great job!" said Indiana Jones to me. He complimented me on winning the battle and then said that I was the greatest hero of all time.

"You know, kid, I'd love for somebody like you to write my next movie. If only there was some author out there that had experience with screenwriting and had already worked with Steven Spielberg. Maybe he could write Indiana Jones 5 and help get back that magic that we're all looking for. In fact, I'd say he could even PLAY Indiana Jones' sidekick. Let's call him Kernest Line. I'm just spitballing here, but what if this guy turned out to be Indiana Jones' son? And we could retcon Crystal Skull out so this guy is the only son?"

"I agree, but I don't think anyone like that exists, do they?" I said, modestly.

Then ET walked in and high-fived me with his glowing hand. I didn't even notice the fact that Darth Vader had joined our conversation.

"Yes, and if only that same screenwriter could be given free reign to work on Star Wars. I think he has a lot of fresh, wonderful ideas that might bring the franchise to new heights. Maybe Darth Vader is a ghost now? Or Luke has a son named, oh, let's say Erno Clinewalker. And he has a lightsaber that's also a boomerang."

"Wow, that's a good idea! Well, maybe in a perfect world this would happen, but I guess we'll never know!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Chapter 17 - Love is an OASIS

I took one down off the shelf. The exclusive Ready Player Two™ T-shirt! Only 30,000 credits to unlock in the OASIS.. I couldn't resist. Along side the exclusive Ready Player Two™ T-shirt, I was amazed to find the official Ready Player Two™ posters (20,000), as well as a variety of other exclusive items. I knew The Hot Topic™ OASIS store was the right place to find my anniversary gift, Artemis was going to be thrilled!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Chapter 22 - gently caress these spawn times. Seriously.

I've been camping the Ancient Jarsath for over 23 hours now. I've killed everything in the zone, but he still won't show up. I've watched nearly every episode of Alf season one already. Daito isn't going to be happy that I don't have my key done by tomorrow. We have a full raid showing up and I won't be able to join in. I don't know what to do. Maybe I can have Aech come over with that Eyes software to make this easier. Oh great, I just ran out of socks.