Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the original line is actually "drat, that's a cold rear end hoagie", uttered by me when i was late to pick up my chicken parm from dibella's. macklemore was working there at the time and he used my rich baritone exclamation to catapult himself to fame and yes im bitter about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Ah ya ya ya ya
I keep on hoping
We'll eat cake by the ocean

Now THAT was some quality white guy rap.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm a frigid butt cracker

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
honky
honky tonk
tonk
tonk tonk
beastmode: activate
primary objective; to eliminate every wall
*blows up all the walls on Earth and beyond*

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

The_Continental posted:

lol oh this old thing?

This is an offensive caricature of a terrone, delete this right now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Maybe he should mackle less.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

free hubcaps posted:

the original line is actually "drat, that's a cold rear end hoagie", uttered by me when i was late to pick up my chicken parm from dibella's. macklemore was working there at the time and he used my rich baritone exclamation to catapult himself to fame and yes im bitter about it

Wow. I hate mackloremore now.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

numberoneposter posted:

Maybe he should mackle less.

He did. That's why you haven't heard from him in like 5 years.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

free hubcaps posted:

WRONG.

This poster is attempting to take credit for something entirely wrong and I won't stand for it. The original lyrics are, and I clearly quote "drat That's an Okie from Muskogee" which macklemore had heard as a child in the Merle Haggard song that left and deep and impactful mark on his formative years.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

GORDON posted:

Sometimes when I'm at a function with my girlfriend I'll lean over to her and whisper, "drat, there sure are a lot of honkies in here."

She's never amused.

edit - we're both honkies
Wifezwang was recently talking about her gluten-free crackers, to which I responded "YOU'RE a gluten-free cracker!"

She has Celiac disease and is white, sooooooo

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 6, 2020

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I always say to myself when looking at a tall white person "drat, that's a tall rear end honky". Thanks Macklemore :mad:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i refuse to believe macklemore associates himself with anyone who would drop a gamer word like that

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

grillster posted:

What's next in the CD changer, that Fun album nobody remembers from the same year? Do we need some XX blended with Dido on the track to become the next Blink 183?

I still like fun (the band and the concept) does that make me lame? They are a little over the top for sure but not a bad band i don't think

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Caesar Saladin posted:

its very clearly about buying clothes at a thrift shop, its not about nothing

Thread laid low by a blistering rhetorical dim mak death strike.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The song is just a fun party anthem but also a light indictment of glorifying expensive fashion brands, a trope incredibly common in the rip raps. It's fun and cool.

Caesar Saladin posted:

his big song Thrift Shop has 1.5 billion and its terrible. Its full of bad jokes and bad flow

"walk into the club like wat up I got a big cock" and then he raps about thrift store clothes

If you don't like the line "Whatup I got a big cock" you should perhaps try the Kidz Bop version where the line is replaced with "Walk up to the club like whatup I got a hit song" which may be less offensive to your delicate sensibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U1qFfzhBXA - lol this is so funny

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Slippery posted:

I still like fun (the band and the concept) does that make me lame? They are a little over the top for sure but not a bad band i don't think

The lead singer (I forget his name) released some pretty good solo stuff.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The_Continental posted:

If you don't like the line "Whatup I got a big cock" you should perhaps try the Kidz Bop version where the line is replaced with "Walk up to the club like whatup I got a hit song" which may be less offensive to your delicate sensibilities.

Its not that i'm offended, its more that i think it sucks and the song sucks and the hook is annoying

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
this macklemore guy... he's a rapper?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Eminem complimented Macklemore's album "The Heist," hth