Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

apophenium posted:

Uh oh, I've been working on this and hadn't heard about the glitched trophies. I've been alternating between Arizona and Carpathians so I'm nowhere near done with either. I did get the trophy for making a lot of money by buying a truck for 25000 and then selling it for 25000. Glad it didn't want me to have 1.5 mil moneys at one time!

My trophy hunting has really slowed down, but I finished The Swapper and used a video guide to find all the darn hidden terminals. So that's another completion (no platinum). Fun puzzle game that stumped me when it came out and I found I'm no smarter now, so I ended up cheating a bit on some of the later levels.

I got a Steam Deck this past week and it streams my PS5 perfectly, so maybe I'll start getting back into trophy stuff. I know for one it'll really help me finish the Pic-a-Pix games. Playing them on my TV gives me a headache and I can knock out a puzzle or two in bed on the Deck.

Ooooh, how do you stream from the PS5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
There's something called chiaki4deck that is a touch fiddly to setup but I found a guide and was able to do it in ~20 min. You don't even need to hook up a mouse and keyboard to the Deck but I'm sure it'd make it a lot quicker. I managed with the virtual keyboard. The guide I found was just from Googling PS5 remote play Steam Deck. I have decent-ish Internet and my PS5 is on Ethernet and it streams with minimal latency anywhere in my house. Better than it did to my laptop with the official PS Remote Play thing :)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

apophenium posted:

There's something called chiaki4deck that is a touch fiddly to setup but I found a guide and was able to do it in ~20 min. You don't even need to hook up a mouse and keyboard to the Deck but I'm sure it'd make it a lot quicker. I managed with the virtual keyboard. The guide I found was just from Googling PS5 remote play Steam Deck. I have decent-ish Internet and my PS5 is on Ethernet and it streams with minimal latency anywhere in my house. Better than it did to my laptop with the official PS Remote Play thing :)

Oh nice, I should give that a whirl!

I just hit a random milestone - I have more hundo'ed games on Steam than unfinished games. Currenly sitting at 68 perfects, and 61 open games (many more untouched games). Out of those 61, 3 cannot be perfected. Fun!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Anti-Hero posted:

Oh nice, I should give that a whirl!

I just hit a random milestone - I have more hundo'ed games on Steam than unfinished games. Currenly sitting at 68 perfects, and 61 open games (many more untouched games). Out of those 61, 3 cannot be perfected. Fun!

That's a great milestone but what's the count of your entire steam purchased library?

Show us the real numbers!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

That's a great milestone but what's the count of your entire steam purchased library?

Show us the real numbers!

Ineffiable, here to ask the hard hitting questions!

Steam library, 181 total w/achievements (217 total games), 129 played (68 completed, 61 started), 74% average completion

PSN library, 115 total (rough estimate, some SKUs have multiple games like Mass Effect Legendary Edition), 69 :smug: played (52 completed, 17 started) 87.53% completion

A reminder that in Steam your completion percentage doesn't factor in games that you have not earned a single achievement in, just the same as PSN. However, your library/achievement page shows all games in your library, whereas PSN only shows games started on your trophy list (and we know you can delete those 0% lists).

fake edit: I have more completed & started games on Steam than untouched games, so another cool milestone. Shows that I'm at least trying to get through the games I own. My PSN library balloons with PS+ Essential games I redeem.

My global library sits at 260 unique games. I've double-dipped on 15-20 games present on both platforms which inflates the counts more.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 26, 2024

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Good numbers. I have some simplified numbers for my collection but let's go off the stats I can find for now;

As of today on ps profiles, I have 1,177 games played with 676 completed with a 79.02% completion rate by trophy values (true trophies has this as 80.8% as they don't count dlc lists I don't have/didn't play, so I prefer this number)

Also on the collection tab on ps5, I have something like 1,200 games total which has about 220 unplayed (I make folders to sort the games I need to play, so there's one folder for everything I get from ps+, and two backlog folders) so just taking these two numbers against each other means I have a 81% completion rate for actually playing my games too.

So I have a really good rate for actually playing my games too, it's just that it's on such a massive scale so my backlog 'only' being about 220 games but it's not too crazy when I'm getting through at least 75 games a year. Still, realistically I'm probably never gonna catch up but here's hoping we have some gaming droughts and we can actually make a dent on reducing the backlog.

Even worse, I've filled out the wishlist on Playstation so that's another 100 games I might play through (but a good third of that is announced games or yet to release)

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I can't believe the PSN wishlist has a limit. I've hit it as well and had to do some picking and choosing. What kind of BS is that?

I'm slacking on trophies at the moment, just enjoying playing Diablo 2 for the first time in a couple decades. Working on getting my second character through hell now, then I'll probably get back to my backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Still, realistically I'm probably never gonna catch up but here's hoping we have some gaming droughts and we can actually make a dent on reducing the backlog.

I've struggled a bit with this, but realistically we never want to catch up! There are more games to play than time available, and once you clear out your backlog you'll have more and more games available to play out in the wild.

I like to keep ahead of my backlog, so to speak, like if I pay money for something I want to get to it relatively quickly. PS+ games and bundles are much lower priority and are my "hmmm...need something to play" fillers. I don't want to get in to a habit of hoarding games, so if I make an intentional choice to purchase something for one of my libraries I intend to play it. And I'm pretty selective about what PS+ titles I redeem, but don't feel any time pressure to get to them.

Thankfully, I've never been someone to buy a game full price at launch and sit on it. Those get played immediately.