Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Merry Covidmas, auspol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Aussy Mermas, Covidpol

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
Merry Christmas to all of Auspol

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

word cloud

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Festive Cloudmus, Auspol

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
mezza krimbo!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Merry bus decorations to you all and a happy new water bottle!

May all your bicycle helmets be mandatory.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
I always thought chloroform was only used to take out plucky young journalists and/or their little white dogs

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bobvonunheil posted:

I always thought chloroform was only used to take out plucky young journalists and/or their little white dogs

That's newscorp.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
does this smell like chloroform to you?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
WA hotel quarantine security about to get a whole lot tighter.

PerthNow posted:

Police are on the hunt for an overseas traveller who has escaped from a Perth, Government-run quarantine hotel.

The Sunday Times understands she was only a few days into her 14-day-quarantine period and has not been cleared of having the coronavirus.
<snip>
“Jenny was last seen walking on Adelaide Terrace in Perth at approximately 10:20am this morning after breaching her quarantine requirements and absconding from a quarantine hotel,” a police spokesperson said.

:ohdearsass:

EDIT: She's a "fake virus" new world order, wake up sheeple, how dare you infringe my rights, alternative medicine practicioner.

EDIT2: Not infected thankfully.

hooman fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 27, 2020

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Maybe after every single state and territory has had a quarantine breach we'll finally come up with a more efficient solution instead of making national security secondary to an ongoing financial bailout for the hotel industry

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

freebooter posted:

Maybe after every single state and territory has had a quarantine breach we'll finally come up with a more efficient solution instead of making national security secondary to an ongoing financial bailout for the hotel industry

Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This just in from the "News which surprises no one" desk:

Basics Card outage leaves Northern Territory welfare recipients unable to buy food

quote:

Some welfare recipients in the Northern Territory have been unable to pay for essential goods and services after a widespread outage disrupted the Federal Government's income management system.

The outage affected the Basics Card, which quarantines half the income of some welfare recipients for electronic spending at approved providers.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

yeah, entirely predictable.

We all have had a card gently caress up or run short when making a purchase from time to time but it never feels good and people feeling vulnerable enough as it is get a kick in the guts by getting a "card declined" for no good reason.

At the very least I can avoid card anxiety by generally avoiding buying more than what I have cash in my pocket for but they don't even get that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Electric Wrigglies posted:

yeah, entirely predictable.

We all have had a card gently caress up or run short when making a purchase from time to time but it never feels good and people feeling vulnerable enough as it is get a kick in the guts by getting a "card declined" for no good reason.

At the very least I can avoid card anxiety by generally avoiding buying more than what I have cash in my pocket for but they don't even get that.

It's just loving awful, not only the emotional impact of losing control of your money, but also then to be actually losing access to it as well when their poo poo rear end system goes down.

Amazing, a crushing blow to the most vulnerable, working as intended.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

hosed. Worst thing to happen to the un and underemployed since Howard

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

hooman posted:

It's just loving awful, not only the emotional impact of losing control of your money, but also then to be actually losing access to it as well when their poo poo rear end system goes down.

Amazing, a crushing blow to the most vulnerable, working as intended.

Human leather bootstraps made out of their own children, Mistah Speakah. Let's get that green light for Operation Starvation Thunderdome

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Sulla Faex posted:

Human leather bootstraps made out of their own children, Mistah Speakah. Let's get that green light for Operation Starvation Thunderdome

The hunger games, but for a prepaid coles* gift card.

*Only valid at participating** coles locations.

** Participation can only be confirmed by asking instore.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I just remember that the government brutally destroyed the nbn with the promise of faster wireless technologies and now all the idiots that voted for them think that 5g gives you covid.

Luckily nothing matters.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Whelp. It's going to be back to square 1 in Victoria because NSW didn't LOCK DOWN EVERYTHING like they should of.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-30/three-people-test-positive-to-covid-19-in-victoria/13022340

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Back to checking the daily numbers, yay

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
gently caress this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
New thread?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

nah

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Comstar posted:

Whelp. It's going to be back to square 1 in Victoria because NSW didn't LOCK DOWN EVERYTHING like they should of.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-30/three-people-test-positive-to-covid-19-in-victoria/13022340

It isn’t square 1. This situation and what happened with hotel quarantine aren’t the same thing.

I’d blame both governments. Vic should have shut the border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953235