Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krampster2

A thread for the teachers of this world.

Tell us what you've been doing in class or just bitch about the amount of unpaid work you do and how goddamn tired you are.

I've been teaching my upper primary kids about gardening. I'm also struggling with flatulence and have been farting a lot in class (silently) because I think there's something funny in the beans I'm eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
my students think we have been learning about nature and our physical limits on our daily hikes but in reality i am following my personal passion of trying to locate a bigfoot so i may jack it off

cda

by Hand Knit

Luvcow posted:

my students think we have been learning about nature and our physical limits on our daily hikes but in reality i am following my personal passion of trying to locate a bigfoot so i may jack it off

lmao

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

cda

by Hand Knit
my students wonder why our forays into nature involve so many hand strengthening exercises. they think it's because we're going to go rock climbing one day, but Bigfoot dwells in the forests.

Goons Are Gifts

posting while at work as a teacher is a special kind of power move

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Luvcow posted:

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm a HS teacher and I sometimes will think of a post and then make the post during the lesson while the kids are working

google THIS

I am unofficially a teacher and so far have taught my son the letters A-F, counting up to 20, organisms of terrestrial habitats, and the prime meridian, because whoever designed this online curriculum is insane (and not in the wonderful way).

FutonForensic

google THIS posted:

I am unofficially a teacher and so far have taught my son the letters A-F, counting up to 20, organisms of terrestrial habitats, and the prime meridian, because whoever designed this online curriculum is insane (and not in the wonderful way).

it's so that if your child drops out in 1st rade they will still posess the well-rounded attributes of the quintessential renaissance man

btw if your son learns what comes riht after 'f' send me a dm

krampster2

We planted some seeds on wet tissues inside ziploc bags so that the kids can see them grow. One student held up his bag and said in all earnest, "ohh, I wonder what will come out, a plant or an animal?!"

This child is 11 years old.

Prof. Crocodile

krampster2 posted:

We planted some seeds on wet tissues inside ziploc bags so that the kids can see them grow. One student held up his bag and said in all earnest, "ohh, I wonder what will come out, a plant or an animal?!"

This child is 11 years old.

so was it a plant or an animal?

krampster2

Prof. Crocodile posted:

so was it a plant or an animal?

Most of them died so I guess we will never know.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Oh you know - I've b-URNING. IM BURNING OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE-een better, but overall life is pretty good and we're chugging along.

Zoom, amirite? Hahaha!

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah drat - I hate this.

krampster2

Today I tried to teach the kids about human rights. I showed them a picture of a young boy working in a coal mine in the early 20th century to demonstrate how few rights children had back then. When they saw him swinging his pickaxe into the rock wall, one kid exclaimed, "oh my God that's so cool! It's just like Minecraft!"

cda

by Hand Knit

krampster2 posted:

Today I tried to teach the kids about human rights. I showed them a picture of a young boy working in a coal mine in the early 20th century to demonstrate how few rights children had back then. When they saw him swinging his pickaxe into the rock wall, one kid exclaimed, "oh my God that's so cool! It's just like Minecraft!"

I once explained to a class that sometimes when people get badly injured or killed, they poo poo themselves, and after a moment's silence a girl said "wow, getting shot isn't as glamorous as I thought."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

been teaching my students how to hand stitch authentic leather wallets